Emby Theater (UWP) freezes randomly and can't be closed

LiaraAlis

LiaraAlis

Hi together,

since a few weeks a discovered a strange problem on Windows 11.

Sometimes Emby Theater (UWP app) randomly freezes while playback, I think it happens after a track is finished. I've noticed this problem because I was wondering why the next track from playlist is not playing, so I opened the app. It was not possible to use any element of the interface, the cursor doesn't change when highlighting a link and closing the app is also not possible. 

If I try to kill the application using Windows Task Manager, the content of the app disappears, but the application remains active in the task bar. But it is no longer possible to open it. I also tried to kill the "Application frame host" task, but that seem to be not enough. Additionally, it is no longer possible to open the Windows start menu.

Only solution is to reboot or sign out from Windows.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Alexander

• Agree 1

LiaraAlis

Additional note: After this happens, rebooting or logging off from windows results in endless loading.

If I try to reboot, the message "Rebooting..." stays for a very long time and rebooting doesn't happen. The same for logging off. I was only able to use the reset button.

But I don't know if there is a connection between this.

• Thanks 1

LiaraAlis

It looks like this after I tried to close the app. Also tried to kill ApplicationFrameHost.exe. Process disappears, but it is not possible to close this window.
All UWP apps are not working anymore, rebooting, shutdown or logging off is not possible.

Maybe I have a problem with my Windows 11 regarding to UWP apps?

image.png.362c9818e1ab095b4ba56dd01048ca45.png

• 1 month later...
LiaraAlis

@LukeAny ideas why this is happening? Is this a general problem with Windows 11?

It's very annoying because it is impossible to continue work when this happens.

LiaraAlis

@LukeUnfortunately yes. Also tried to repair UWP apps and run "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooting, but it doesn't help.

image.png.b514c740fef857e45bac0bdad4f9e316.png

I have the latest version from Microsoft store. No updates are available. Regarding to the store, Version 1.1.400.0 is installed.

Edited by LiaraAlis
  • Agree 1