Seagate Central NAS

FiXik

Hi,

I am a new user of this software and after a short time of use I had an idea but I was stuck. I have the infamous Seagate Central NAS 2TB, which support ended in 2015. An additional problem was the fact that these disks do not work with Windows 10. You can combine and set Windows, but at the end there are problems with it. Is there any software containing Emby for this disk, and if not, is there even a shadow of a chance that it will be made? I am asking because in this state the cloud is almost useless.
Thanks for all the information and sorry if I put my question in the wrong section.

Hello FiXik,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, are you asking if the Emby Server software can be installed on a SeaGate Central NAS? We don't currently have a package for this model if that's what you're asking. 

Hi, is there a chance that you will create it? I know that I am asking only from my perspective and maybe I would even be the only user of such a compilation, but apart from the fact that I have an interesting box with a disk, which I do not have much use for, because Seagate has withdrawn from support, there is nothing else I can do with it. So I'm looking for some solutions.

RanmaCanada

Support for the product ended almost 7 years ago.  Asking the dev team to create something for this is absurd.  Just cut your losses and shuck the drive and use that bare drive with windows.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0ece60b-83f3-44a5-9386-ab555a17bd08/windows-10-wont-connect-to-seagate-central-network-drive-private-folders <-- it has been solved btw.

• Like 1

rbjtech

It's a SEAGATE drive - if the data on there is of any value - then copy it to another drive asap as it will soon crap out on you anyway ... 🙄

• Haha 1

That's not fair.  Seagate works hard to keep it's reputation spotty. LOL

Hi @FiXik, don't take us seriously as we're just poking fun at Seagate as many of us have have a bad time with their drives over the years.  I know, I myself run about 3 to 1 failure rate of Seagate to WD for example in the first 5 years of drive life.

With the storage capacity of today's drives it would be easy to get a new replacement drive that will easily hold the data currently on the Seagate NAS (keep that for a backup).  This could be something as simple as an external USB 3 4 TB drive for $80 https://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Desktop-External-Drive/dp/B08KTQWV7Z to an 18 TB USB 3 drive for $360 https://www.amazon.com/Elements-Desktop-Drive-Compatible-WDBWLG0180HBK-NESN/dp/B08KTRBHP1

Then you just plug that into your PC and install Emby Server right on your PC.

Hi,

I just asked because I thought to give the disk a second life.  I have successfully completed the issues of running on the computer.  This was a possible solution for someone who is not that technological.  Running the server on a computer and sharing it via the Internet is not an option due to the large problems with the Internet in the country where he lives.  Thanks for the advice.