Auto Frame Rate Switching 24p

frankmb

frankmb

I discovered the judder caused by watching movies on a 60 fps display just now. The problem is obvious now that I recognise it.

A great explanation here: 

In Emby Theater for Windows, if I run my display at 60 Hz, I get the judder. If I switch my display to 24 Hz before launching Emby Theater, then the judder is gone and playback is perfect.

Is there any way that Emby Theater for Windows could get the refresh rate to switch to 24 Hz when content is about to be played and solve this issue automatically?

I can also report that on my TCL 4 Series 2019 Roku TV, when I play a movie in the Emby Roku app, there is no judder. That is great!

frankmb

I did not notice that option in Emby Theater. Now that you mention it, I found it and it works fine. It switches my TV from 60 Hz to 24 Hz and back to 60 Hz after playback. 

I think that option should be enabled by default if that is possible!

Edited by frankmb
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2023 at 11:28 AM, svyaznoy362 said:

Hello. There is a device for android ATV 11, so it does not support afr and, accordingly, there are no settings data in the menu, can I add something for such devices? https://www.homatics.com/products/box-r-4k-plus?variant=43212469698796

HI, what do you mean by "add something" ?