Almost Like My Server Goes Into Sleep Mode

petera209

petera209

It seems that every time I try to connect to my Emby server for the first time in several hours or days, it hangs for nearly a minute before it tells me that it is having trouble accessing my server and that I should make sure that the server is connected.  It also happens after I upload something to the server. After about 15 minutes, if I do nothing but try and log in again, everything opens without problem. It almost feels like the Emby server is in sleep mode and that it takes about 20 minutes to wake up. It can't be something directly involving my NAS, because, I also have Plex connected to my media files and that opens immediately. Is there anything in the Emby software that would cause something like this to happen?

• 2 weeks later...
petera209

After much effort I realized that the problem only happens when my server updates the live channels. I had set it up in the tasks to do it every night at 2am. Once I removed the task, the server started like it normally should. Now I am only having it update the channels one day a week and immediately after it finishes I run a library scan and everything works again. Not really sure why the live channel update causes this problem, but this workaround seems to fix it.