Request API home screen

WilhanAzevedo

Hi, i don't believe we've documented this api very well right now. For now you may just want to sniff what the web app is doing using the browser network console.

I'm interested in the API also.  Is the source available?  Also, what is the "browser network console"?  I have a feeling I'm ignorant of some features of emby server overall.  I'm only familiar with the end-user facing apps.

I want to write a node application that serves a long web page with a list of all TV shows, one show per row.  Each row would have the title and these buttons ...

1) mark/unmark as favorite.

2) add/remove from a single collection I have.

3) completely delete show files and db entries

4) bring up the emby web app with this show

Does something similar already exist?  Would anyone else want this?  Can someone give me a hint on where to start?

28 minutes ago, mchahn said:

I'm interested in the API also.  Is the source available?  Also, what is the "browser network console"?  I have a feeling I'm ignorant of some features of emby server overall.  I'm only familiar with the end-user facing apps.

I want to write a node application that serves a long web page with a list of all TV shows, one show per row.  Each row would have the title and these buttons ...

1) mark/unmark as favorite.

2) add/remove from a single collection I have.

3) completely delete show files and db entries

4) bring up the emby web app with this show

Does something similar already exist?  Would anyone else want this?  Can someone give me a hint on where to start?

Hi, our api wiki is here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki

And our reference JavaScript api libraries are here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.ApiClient.Javascript

What I mean by browser debugger is right click -> inspect in Chrome, and then select the Network tab. This is a good way to see example api usage from the emby web app.

Thanks for the quick response.  You must spend a good part of your day answering all these questions. 

I guess it's time for me to read all the emby docs.  Every time I bother you with a question here I find out something I should have known.

i don't believe we've documented this api very well right now. 

You are wrong.  I've used much worse.  The wiki combined with the web inspector has already given me what I need to do everything I want.

So I'll be developing this rapid show maintenance tool over the next few days.  I'll report the results here.  I hope others find it useful also.

• Thanks 1