Can't display correct poster

orangekid

orangekid

I am using Synology DS918+, and the emby server version is 4.6.7.0。

Recently I found a problem when using emby After I added a new movie or episode to the media library, the metadata that was automatically scraped was not corresponding because the keywords were similar.

In this case, I will manually re-scrape.However, after manual scraping, all metadata and cast list will be displayed correctly. But only the posters of movies or episodes still show the wrong posters that were automatically scraped out before.

I replaced the poster, or deleted it and scraped it again, but the wrong poster that was automatically scraped before was still displayed.

I looked in the media folder, in fact, the correct poster I replaced has been downloaded and replaced the wrong poster. But no matter I access my emby server on the web or client side, the previous wrong poster is still displayed.

For example, I added a movie named One Shot, the corresponding TMDB ID is 811592, but it was recognized as a movie with TMDB ID 297637 when it was automatically scraped. After I scraped it manually, the metadata and fanart were all displayed correctly, but the poster of the movie is still the poster of the movie whose TMDB ID is 297637. No matter I delete the poster and scrape it again or replace the poster, it still does not display the poster of the movie that I want TMDB ID of 811592.

This situation has only recently appeared. In the past, it was possible to manually scrape or replace poster pictures. How to solve this problem.

orangekid
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, when you say scrape it manually, what exactly are you doing? How are your files named and organized?

when I scrape it manually,I click to identify and enter the English name of this movie. Then the plug-in will pop up several identified movies. I manually select the right one and finish the manual scraping.

About my files named and organized,Usually my media folder is a folder named MOVIE, and each movie file in this folder is a subfolder. The names of the subfolders are the Chinese name of the movie. Put this movie in the subfolder. The name of the movie file is in English. For example, the One Shot movie I exemplified earlier, its file name is'One.Shot.2021.BluRay.1080p.DTS-HD.MA5.1.x265.10bit-BeiTai.mkv'·

Happy2Play
19 hours ago, orangekid said:

when I scrape it manually,I click to identify and enter the English name of this movie. Then the plug-in will pop up several identified movies. I manually select the right one and finish the manual scraping.

This is deceiving as the image displayed does not mean that is the image you will get as images are gotten per order of precedence per your library image downloader options not the provider you selected on Identify.

Example

image.png.1c61be309a2af4d2f531e12a78715e52.png

image.png.15541f8d2c9da9d20386db99c33c6b2b.png

Fanart image

image.png.28f7f9ec4859a7a7905b38e764ca8901.png

• Like 1

orangekid
20 hours ago, Luke said:

What poster does it display? What are the complete contents of the movie folder?

I guess it's probably the problem with the server's cache, although I don't know where the server clears the cache. Because the correct poster image has been downloaded in my folder, but the wrong poster image is still displayed on the webpage or APP. I have now found a solution, which is to move the folder showing the error out of the media library and refresh, and then move the folder into the media library and refresh again, and the display is normal.

orangekid
20 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

This is deceiving as the image displayed does not mean that is the image you will get as images are gotten per order of precedence per your library image downloader options not the provider you selected on Identify.

Example

image.png.1c61be309a2af4d2f531e12a78715e52.png

image.png.15541f8d2c9da9d20386db99c33c6b2b.png

Fanart image

image.png.28f7f9ec4859a7a7905b38e764ca8901.png

I understand what you mean, but my question is not like this. My problem now is not that the same media will display different posters due to different scraping sources, but that this media will be displayed as posters of other media.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, orangekid said:

I understand what you mean, but my question is not like this. My problem now is not that the same media will display different posters due to different scraping sources, but that this media will be displayed as posters of other media.

Don't quite understand what this means.

26 minutes ago, orangekid said:

Hi, yes please show us a specific example. thanks.

orangekid
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes please show us a specific example. thanks.

Sorry, I communicated through Google Translate. Sometimes the translation is not so accurate.

For example, I have uploaded an attachment. My movie was recognized as another movie when it was automatically scraped. I manually scraped and corrected the metadata, but the poster is still the original poster. I manually clicked to replace the picture, but it could not be replaced successfully.

SC-1639533093137.gif

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, orangekid said:

Sorry, I communicated through Google Translate. Sometimes the translation is not so accurate.

For example, I have uploaded an attachment. My movie was recognized as another movie when it was automatically scraped. I manually scraped and corrected the metadata, but the poster is still the original poster. I manually clicked to replace the picture, but it could not be replaced successfully.

SC-1639533093137.gif

Can you go to Settings-Scheduled Tasks and rotate your server log and perform that same action and post the server log?

orangekid
17 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you go to Settings-Scheduled Tasks and rotate your server log and perform that same action and post the server log?

I have not set up a scheduled task. Because the number of my media library is too large, and the performance of Synology is too poor, it often crashes. Therefore, after adding movies or episodes to the media library, I manually click to scan the media library files to identify and scrape the media. And I don’t know how to export logs. I now find a stupid way to solve my problem, which is to move the wrong movie or episode out of the media library, and then click Scan Media Library file, and then move the media back to the media library, click Scan Media Library file again, so that The poster can be displayed correctly. Fortunately, there are not many media that make mistakes in posters.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, orangekid said:

I have not set up a scheduled task. Because the number of my media library is too large, and the performance of Synology is too poor, it often crashes. Therefore, after adding movies or episodes to the media library, I manually click to scan the media library files to identify and scrape the media. And I don’t know how to export logs. I now find a stupid way to solve my problem, which is to move the wrong movie or episode out of the media library, and then click Scan Media Library file, and then move the media back to the media library, click Scan Media Library file again, so that The poster can be displayed correctly. Fortunately, there are not many media that make mistakes in posters.

Was just asking to rotate your server log to provide a smaller log showing your issues and to see if there are actual errors shown.

image.png.7d4c8fa532f4a1be937fb2f8b301b81b.png

Hi, go to network menu from the Dashboard and then turn off the automatic port mapping option. Your router does not support this so Emby is failing and writing this to the log over and over making it hard to read.

What movie/media are we looking for in the logs? Do you know what is was before you corrected it? What did you change it to?

Thanks

orangekid
2 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, go to network menu from the Dashboard and then turn off the automatic port mapping option. Your router does not support this so Emby is failing and writing this to the log over and over making it hard to read.

What movie/media are we looking for in the logs? Do you know what is was before you corrected it? What did you change it to?

Thanks

Because I solved the problem with the stupid way I mentioned above, maybe the log does not reflect the error. Because I don't check the log for errors, I haven't checked the log before, so I don't remember what I did.

10 hours ago, orangekid said:

Because I solved the problem with the stupid way I mentioned above, maybe the log does not reflect the error. Because I don't check the log for errors, I haven't checked the log before, so I don't remember what I did.

What was the stupid way?

15 hours ago, orangekid said:

I now find a stupid way to solve my problem, which is to move the wrong movie or episode out of the media library, and then click Scan Media Library file, and then move the media back to the media library, click Scan Media Library file again

@Luke I believe he's referring the the above.

On 12/14/2021 at 5:56 PM, orangekid said:

I guess it's probably the problem with the server's cache, although I don't know where the server clears the cache. Because the correct poster image has been downloaded in my folder, but the wrong poster image is still displayed on the webpage or APP. I have now found a solution, which is to move the folder showing the error out of the media library and refresh, and then move the folder into the media library and refresh again, and the display is normal.

@orangekid can you please show us the complete contents of the movie folder? Thanks.