Identifying which DLNA profile is being used

SHibbard

I just started experimenting with DLNA after updating my MB3 server to 3.0.5366.22005.  I have a very simple question:  how can I tell that the server is actually using a profile I created?  I see in a log snippet in another message in this forum an entry “found matching device profile”, best I can see in mine is “DLNA Session created for …”.  How can I be sure what profile it is using?  So far, DVD rips play fine on the TV I am testing (Samsung 46C6400), but nothing else (AVIs, etc.).  I have created a custom profile, filling in identification info I culled from the TV’s Desc XML file, but I want to know if it is indeed using that customer profile.

• 1 month later...

There maybe another way, but I just changed some of the settings and then see if there s any impact in the client (For your Samsung TV I suggest to check the "Display all folders as plain storage folders" option under the Display settings) and then check in your intended client if there is any change. If checked, you should no longer have any Folder.jpg" images from MB.

I too use a Samsung TV and MBS is definitely using the Samsung profile

You will find that many MKV's or MP4's (or any other file types for that matter) do not have a standard/normalized sound level.

I do not have any volume issues, but I use the ARC (Audio Return Channel) HDMI connection from my Samsung to my Yamaha receiver. So a single HDMI cable will be able to take any sound that come into the Samsung from any source to be routed directly to your receiver.

That way, when I use DLNA playback to the Samsung TV, it sends the sound via the ARC (without transcoding) directly to my Receiver and the Yamaha will then handle the audio....

Yes, all true. In one room 5.1 receiver and everything is OK. But in the other room Samsung and receiver 2.0 that does not see Dolby. I have to use the PСM out by optics and the problems begin.

Edited by cucoops

I followed your advice and changed the folder view in profile. no changes in client

another experiment: I cut off dlna server and all still works the same. perhaps there is a connection with the highest priority, and because of this profile does not work? (solved by killing old connection)

I have one samsung tv wired by router and two samsung devices in the list. One of them is described as Samsung TV and other - DLNA.

I'm probably asking stupid questions but do not know anything about the network.

Edited by cucoops