Best practice for installing MB Server....

aziz

Hi,

I am using Win7 PC as a server and main client using WMC and MB Classic on the same PC...  I wanted to seek help in the best way to install my server.

I have two Windows users account on this machine.   Admin account and Standard user account.

I normally use the Admin account to do the installations and maintenance of the system, and use the Standard user account for viewing and daily use of the system.

I use the standard user account daily (no password protection to allow everyone to use it)... but I only log in to the Admin account rarely. 

I have installed and configured MB Server using Admin account, but when I log in as Standard user the Server does not automatically kick in.

I have cut and paste the link and give the standard user rights to access Media Browser Server folder on the Admin account (just that folder), but it did not work.  MB Server does come up, but it runs without any configuration, i.e., it assumes a brand new installation.

Question:  In this scenario, what is the best practise for installation??  Should I run MB Server as a service upon startup of PC with Admin rights??  or should I uninstall from Admin account, and re-install and configure using Standard user account??

You assistance is much appreciated..

many thanks.