Having Trouble Playing Music on My Android Phone

sport25

I'm a former Plex user so I'm looking to get that same type of functionaility on all my devices.. I downloaded the app and connected the server so I have access to all my media on my phone, but I'm unable to play music. I did get it to play a little bit at my house, but when I went to the gym, I couldn't get it to play. I also like to be able to create music playlists and add music to those playlists from the app and I don't see any way for me to do this yet. 

Can someone please help?

seanbuff

Emby requires you to configure your server for remote access first, I'd suggest following this guide to make sure you've got everything covered: 
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002137137-remote-setup

Also, the mobile app (as do others) allow you to select individual or multiple tracks and 'Add to Playlist' -- make sure your user has access to Playlists otherwise you won't be able to view them once created.

MBSki

@sport25 Assuming you've set things up as @seanbuff indicated above, if you turn off WiFi when you're at home, are you able to play music remotely? Make sure you have a good signal when you try. I've had difficulty playing music remotely when I switch from WiFi to wireless or when I'm just in the car and I hit a dead zone. The only solution is to download the music that you plan to listen to when you're remote. If you do that, you can start the music from the main home page or music library assuming you can get a connection, and it'll automatically start using the downloaded version when necessary.  

@seanbuff

@mbarylski

Thanks for the replies! Assuming I can get this remote set up done correctly, am I still going to need a wifi connection to listen to music on my phone? I never needed one using Plex. I definitely don't want to download separate music to play. I just want to shuffle a playlist or my library on my phone from anywhere without wifi. Is that possible?

MBSki
10 minutes ago, sport25 said:

@seanbuff

@mbarylski

Thanks for the replies! Assuming I can get this remote set up done correctly, am I still going to need a wifi connection to listen to music on my phone? I never needed one using Plex. I definitely don't want to download separate music to play. I just want to shuffle a playlist or my library on my phone from anywhere without wifi. Is that possible?

Yes, it is, along as you have a good connection. I think if you're in 1 place you'll be good. I haven't had much success when I'm driving around, so for that you could download, but get remote set up first and try it out. It may work fine for you in all scenarios.

Right now my app seems to work fine on the Desktop Server, but I need a WIFI connection. Hopefully I can get this connected correctly to the Local Host and that will solve all my issues.

MBSki
8 minutes ago, sport25 said:

Right now my app seems to work fine on the Desktop Server, but I need a WIFI connection. Hopefully I can get this connected correctly to the Local Host and that will solve all my issues.

Yep, post again if you have issues. Trickiest part will probably be configuring port forwarding on your router, but you should be good once it's set up.