Weird results in TV-Show images & titles

dhenzler

dhenzler

I use the following settings when creating Libraries for TV-Series

Library Settings

Preferred metadata download language:

Preferred image download language:

Enable real time monitoring
Changes to files will be processed immediately, on supported file systems.

Metadata Readers

Nfo
Rank your preferred local metadata sources in order of priority. The first file found will be read.

Series Metadata Downloaders

TheTVDB

TheMovieDb

The Open Movie Database
Enable and rank your preferred metadata downloaders in order of priority. Lower priority downloaders will only be used to fill in missing information.

Season Metadata Downloaders

TheMovieDb
Enable and rank your preferred metadata downloaders in order of priority. Lower priority downloaders will only be used to fill in missing information.

Episode Metadata Downloaders

TheTVDB

TheMovieDb

The Open Movie Database
Minimum automatic collection size:
Automatically create collections when you have at least the selected number of titles in your library. Changing this value will not affect existing collections.

Metadata Savers

Nfo
Choose the file formats to save your metadata to.

Series Image Fetchers

TheTVDB

FanArt

TheMovieDb

The Open Movie Database
Enable and rank your preferred image fetchers in order of priority.

Season Image Fetchers

TheTVDB

FanArt

TheMovieDb

Episode Image Fetchers

TheTVDB

TheMovieDb

The Open Movie Database

Screen Grabber

The results in some cases are BIZZARE to say the least.  I get totally UNRELATED content names, and pictures from Japanese or Chinese cartoon series.

Why is this happening ?

Happy2Play
22 minutes ago, dhenzler said:

The results in some cases are BIZZARE to say the least.  I get totally UNRELATED content names, and pictures from Japanese or Chinese cartoon series.

Why is this happening ?

Sorry but the text from Library setting really does not show your settings.  Can you show and example? 

A wild guess would be folder structure and/or naming scheme but we need more to go off of.  

dhenzler

I have discovered ONE method of eliminating the cartoon & other BS... is to turn off all but "Screen Grabber".  However this leaves the folder a color blob instead of having a picture.

dhenzler
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry but the text from Library setting really does not show your settings.  Can you show and example? 

A wild guess would be folder structure and/or naming scheme but we need more to go off of.  

Let it suffice to say that the TVDB is the only thing selected until Screen Grabber is offered.

I believe your theory is correct.  Extra content in the names makes for confusing results I'm sure.

ONE method of eliminating the cartoon & other BS... is to turn off all but "Screen Grabber"

@dhenzler

Hi, this has nothing to do with content names. Can we please look at a specific example? Thanks.

Happy2Play
18 minutes ago, dhenzler said:

Are you saying that the filename doesn't affect the search for proper images or subtitles ?

Sort of as episodes is about Season/Episode identifier.  But depending on naming scheme yes it can be a factor.

dhenzler
6 hours ago, Luke said:

@dhenzler

Hi, this has nothing to do with content names. Can we please look at a specific example? Thanks.

Tried to create a new library but they work ok once correct info is there.  I'll build a fresh install of emby on another jail, and show you a photo of what comes up.