Opus audio

MrVoid21

MrVoid21

It's very sad to see that opus wont direct play on lg tvs,even though it is supported.Is there any hope this very popular codec will be supported in a future update?

Edited by MrVoid21

Try playing the file with opus from a usb drive connected direct to the tv and use the TV’s internal media player app. 

Please report back whether the audio plays as expected. Just be aware that if there are multiple audio tracks and the selected track is not playable (ie: the opus track) the LG tv will automatically try the next tracks until it finds one that’s playable. 

MrVoid21

It plays just fine.it recognizes the audio,i can send a pic.The audio plays like any other audio.It is supported.I have many movies that have opus audio,and i think that many others do.Can you please add it to an updat

There's been a few changes since the last release, so I have feeling the correct Opus support is in there for the next release already.

If you want to PM me a link to a test file to confirm I can try it for you in case it's a format that we've missed previously

MrVoid21

I don't think i understand.Are you referring to "last release" as the release that emby has on lg tvs rn,1.024?Is there a new update coming soon?

MrVoid21

There are also a few glitches within the app,hopefully they get fixed with the new update too.I also wanted to ask one more question,What renderer for .ass subtitles does emby use for their webos client?

3 hours ago, MrVoid21 said:

There are also a few glitches within the app,hopefully they get fixed with the new update too.I also wanted to ask one more question,What renderer for .ass subtitles does emby use for their webos client?

The current release version uses libjass.

MrVoid21

Thank you very much for the response.I see that libjass is dead.If possible,can you use SubtitleOctopus as the renderer in the next release?Thanks.