Login Failure

arrbee99

arrbee99

Anyone having any trouble logging in to MBT ?

MB server starts fine, dev version 3.0.5362.41507, but when I click on my login icon in MBT (not sure over version, but likely the dev version available on approx. 5 Sept) it says 'The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorised'. Just started doing this a few days ago, don't know why.

Both MB server and MBT are on the same Windows 8.1 64-bit computer. MBC logs in fine.

Don't know if there's a really obvious answer to this. Would MB server logs help ? Don't know if there's such a thing as separate MBT logs ? Do I simply have to re-install MBT ?

arrbee99

Download the MBT setup installer from the main MB site downloads page.

Wow, thanks very much, that was spectacularly easy. Click on download, tell it to run, installs 3.0.5362.41853, click Login, works just fine. Excellent.

arrbee99

Edit-Actually think its working with the latest dev server  + MBT.

It is working with the latest dev versions of MB server and MBT, but wasn't with the latest version of MB server (3.0.5362.41507) and, I imagine, a previous version of MBT.

I couldn't update MBT cause I couldn't log in to update it. Am assuming following AdrianW's suggestion above either downloaded a slightly newer dev version that fixed something or I already had the latest version and it fixed up something that was corrupted.

there were some issues a couple weeks ago with MBT not auto-updating. for some of you who have those versions, you are probably not getting the latest MBT update as a result. Just install it from the website and you should be good to go, and from here on out automatic updates should be fine.

This workaround only works for the current session.  If I close MBT, I need to reinstall before i'm able to login.  Server Version 3.0.5362.41507

Beardyname

Mine refuses to remember login credentials, it is asking for them with each "start" of the program. Any one else seeing this ? Will try a re-install to see if it clears if up before sending in them logs

aquatarkus

Have just updated to the latest build of MB3 server as was asked to on the server screen, (please shut down the server and update manually) all done, running as a service as per normal on my WHS2011 server.

Trouble is i can now not log in to the server from any of my pc's or accounts from MBT

I get Login Failure, The Remote server returned an error:(401) Unauthorized. 

all i can do is click ok to take me back to the log in page.

I can remotely login to MB3 server using its IP address on my network to get to the server set up pages / settings and can see that under recent activity I have been successfully authernticated, i can also see my active devices on of which is the pc i'm trying to connect from.

If i go to security i can see the api keys for the 3 pcs and user names, the key id and date issued there is a revoke button next to each one but not sure what that will do.

Any help please.

aquatarkus

Hi there

Got it fixed, yes have updated to the latest version of MBT and can now log in again.

Would have been really helpful if this had been pointed out that the server update required updating MBT as well.

Regards

Keith W