Offline Storage

gerry.emm

gerry.emm

Hi Everyone,

As with everyone else, I'm sure, my media collection keeps growing.  I am at a point where I have about 32 TB's online at any time.  I DO NOT share my libraries with external users, as ALL my media is private.  I HAVE purchased a lifetime subscription to EMBY Premiere...

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good inexpensive SAFE cloud storage solution.  The major portion of my collection exists on DVD/Blu Ray/CD or something, but I'd like to start considering some sort of cloud storage so I can access a backup "easily"...SOME of my collection is original material that would be IMPOSSIBLE to recover...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions everyone!!!

LONG LIVE EMBY!!!

Gerry

Gilgamesh_48
7 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

there isnt one really. and it would be cheaper to back up to a new hard disk and keep it elsewhere

That is not only correct but it is also good advice. You do not need a fancy computer or other machine. If you just have a regular computer and you connect external hard drives to it you can backup to your hearts content without ever having to pay for more than the hardware and, currently, hardware is quite cheap. Both my servers and my backups are hardware based and, after backups are complete, I store the drives in a fire proof safe.

Online storage is simply unreliable. (Companies go broke all the time and/or change their TOS even more often) There is also the lack of security online. I simply do not trust any company to protect my files from unauthorized access.

• Agree 1