Request: Proper DLNA profile for 2021 WebOs TV

psxlover

psxlover

Hallo,

sorry I couldn't find any relevant topic (I'm pretty sure there will be one somewhere, but search returns a lot of unrelated topics).

Does anyone have a DLNA profile for C1 TVs? The default one that is loaded is ancient and causes HEVC/4k content to require transcoding.
Since there is no Emby application available yet, I would like to at least be able to watch using DLNA. The browser although it works is not really an option since it's not full screen.

The easiest option is to copy/edit the existing one and change the settings you think are causing it to transcode incorrectly. I’m not aware of anyone having one already modified, although I don’t doubt that others have done it for themselves. 

psxlover

I was hoping someone had posted one already so that I can get something that has already been tested. I have a custom profile, but it was for a 2016 NetCast LG so obviously it's not valid for the 2021 WebOs models.

53 minutes ago, SamES said:

The easiest option is to copy/edit the existing one and change the settings you think are causing it to transcode incorrectly. I’m not aware of anyone having one already modified, although I don’t doubt that others have done it for themselves. 

Easiest thing is probably taking the existing one and adding hevc into the direct play profile for mkv.

We can probably do this with the provided LG plugin. It seems like a safe change anyway.

• Like 1

psxlover

It's not just hevc. I also have several h264 files that fail to start I'm guessing ASS embedded subtitles may have been the issue on them. TV seems to properly display them albeit without any special formatting, but still that's better than nothing (for me, since my server isn't powerful enough to transcode).

Also the current LG profile lists DTS audio as direct play but support for it was dropped since at least 2020 models (although strangely enough LG still lists it as supported under https://webostv.developer.lge.com/discover/specifications/supported-media-formats/webos-60/). I doubt you'd want to remove that since there are probably more users that have access to DTS than the ones that don't, but perhaps there could be different profiles that would be identified by the WebOs version on the user-agent.

Yea nowadays supported audio formats are actually detected automatically, but that information isn't used yet with video files because it's quite a bit more complicated. But hopefully we'll be able to use that information eventually rather than having to split into lots of different profiles per models.