Device Unlock not working

GrumpyTrucker

GrumpyTrucker

A friend of mine uses Emby, and has the device unlock on his phone to access his server out of the home. He's just told me that he can no longer access remotely - just gets a message saying Premiere is required - and the option to purchase the unlock for the device isn't there anymore either. Has this feature been removed? And was it limited to a particular version of the server/app?

I use Premiere so can't confirm for him sadly.

pwhodges

Have they changed their phone?

If so, does the new phone use the same app store as the old one?

Paul

GrumpyTrucker
1 minute ago, pwhodges said:

Have they changed their phone?

If so, does the new phone use the same app store as the old one?

Paul

Same phone, tried different phones too just in case. Same app store, Google Play.

Can you tell us what exactly he is clicking on when he sees this, and what exactly the message says? Thanks.

GrumpyTrucker
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you tell us what exactly he is clicking on when he sees this, and what exactly the message says? Thanks.

I'll ask him and get back to you.

• Thanks 1

GrumpyTrucker

Well, it seems I hadn't been given all the information. Or at least not all in the right order. The requirement for Premiere was related to something else which he was already aware of.

The unlock it turns out was purchased on AndroidTV and he tried using it on his phone. I'm assuming the reason he's having the issue is not the same type of device?

He's not getting any message that he needs to unlock or purchase premiere, it just hangs on the loading screen 

received_341815740610388.jpeg

Edited by GrumpyTrucker
Added information

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, GrumpyTrucker said:

The unlock it turns out was purchased on AndroidTV and he tried using it on his phone. I'm assuming the reason he's having the issue is not the same type of device?

Yep. Android client app and Android TV client app are two different apps, he'd need to unlock both. Premiere unlocks all apps on all platforms.

GrumpyTrucker
10 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Yep. Android client app and Android TV client app are two different apps, he'd need to unlock both. Premiere unlocks all apps on all platforms.

I figured as much once he told me. The weird thing is he's not got any option in the app any more to unlock it. As though it's been unlocked already. Very confusing.

• 3 months later...
yoyo77yo

je suis dans le même cas que toi. un amis a acheté emby sur android TV et du coup, il ne peux pas le deverouiller sur son telephone android. pouvez vous m'aider ?

3 hours ago, yoyo77yo said:

je suis dans le même cas que toi. un amis a acheté emby sur android TV et du coup, il ne peux pas le deverouiller sur son telephone android. pouvez vous m'aider ?

Re: