Sony TV, Emby rebooted, now shortcut just spins

salvadordalisdad

salvadordalisdad

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a nudge in the right direction to debug this...

1 year old Sony Android TV, has a "home" location with an Emby shortcut on it. Has worked fine on server-1, server-2 and now new-server-1 (replacement).

However, I had to reboot new-server-1 (n1) & that shortcut didn't work anymore. It just sat there spinning that glowing circly thing, endlessly.

I'm normally quite impatient, but I gave up at 2 mins & looked around for options. Checked it was working on my android phone OK, just to confirm the server was OK after the reboot!  

Settings - apps - Emby - Cleared cache & cleared data - then "open" from the settings menu - apps - & it worked as expected.

Home screen Shortcut still didn't work. Settings - apps - emby - open worked as expected.

Uninstalled emby from the TV, rebooted & re-installed the emby app & put a new shortcut on the home screen - same symptoms.

So now we have a workaround - don't exit emby, but it's not right.

Any thoughts on how I debug this?

Thanks in advance. I hope this is fixable...or at least debuggable.

salvadordalisdad

Hiya ebr,

Thanks for such a quick response.

I just checked, and yes it is.

It worked fine on the android phone app, and from the non-shortcut...so that sort of confirms it.

It says it wants to do an update from 4.6.4.0 to 4.6.7.0 - but i will hold off for now...

😉

Ta

I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to why one method of opening the app would work and another wouldn't.  Are you sure the shortcut is what you think it is?

salvadordalisdad

Yes, me too! (hashtag)

That's why I wanted to see if there was some kind of debugging?

Apparently not for the client, it would seem.

Oh well, I guess this is how it works from now on.

Getting a trifle fed up with all the techno work-arounds.

On the other hand, counting blessings - it's way better than Plex, and MILES more reliable than that horrible LG telly I used to have.

So it's not all bad news.

Thanks for the helpful responses, and quick too.

Can you please attach the emby server log from when you did this? We might be able to spot something there. Thanks.