Formuler GTV Plays 1080p HEVC but the pic is stuttering

Mookdog

Mookdog

Hi Guys

I just recently got a Formuler GTV for an early christmas gift and I been having problems lately with 1080p hevc videos. Now 4K HEVC will play fine but most of my 1080p HEVC tends to stutter real bad. Sound is fine its just the pic that has the stutter. I tried on my Shield TV Pro the same movie and no problems. I also tried the same movie on an external player on my GTV and it played fine, If I lower the quality it stops its from stuttering but forces my server to transcode. Anyone know how to correct this issue ? BTW if u arent farmiliar with the GTV it does run Android TV OS android 10

Thanks

Mook

Mookdog

Hey @ebr I sent the log

My Device is a Formuler GTV
The Movie I was trying to play was 21 Bridges 1080p HEVC
It was sent at 5:32pm ET
Name I was logged in as was MrMookdog

Thanks
Mook

Hi.  It is possible this is just a frame matching issue.  The content is 23.9 but the device is in 29.9.  Does the device allow you to switch frame rates?

Mookdog
8 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  It is possible this is just a frame matching issue.  The content is 23.9 but the device is in 29.9.  Does the device allow you to switch frame rates?

Unfortunately it doesnt. I also contacted Formuler and it seems that some people do have the same issue with different apps. So hopefully they come out with an update that will fix the frame rate issue. The box is incredible but that one little glitch is annoying lol 

Thanks @ebr for your help for the time being I am gonna wait on it and see if it gets fixed by their team

Happy Holidays

Mook

Mookdog
10 hours ago, ebr said:

Okay, let us know how it turns out.

I just talked to support on their forums and the crazy part is the 1080p HEVC file plays fine through an external player (VLC) but once I play it in emby it stutters. I am at a loss to think what could be causing it. I checked the emby server and it is direct playing the file. If I lower the quality and make it transcode it plays fine but once I put it back to its normal quality it stutters. I also tried another external player (Kodi) and it stuttered on their also. Here is the file info just in case u guys could figure something out. I dont want to use an external player bc u lose some emby functionality like binge watching lol

Edit : Just talked to support on the forums again and this is what was said
If the file plays fine in an external player, there is no issue with your GTV.

You should investigate why the Emby server is not serving the file correctly.

Edit Edit : Ok I tested out a bunch of 1080p hevc movies and most played fine. Its quite weird why some work and some dont. I checked the Frame rate of the movie and its the same as the ones I am having problems with. Some work correctly some dont. Any possible way to add a function where if u long press on a movie u can select to use an external player instead of going into settings and changing it each time ?

Thanks

Mook

Title1080p HEVC
CodecHEVC
Codec Taghev1
ProfileMain 10
Level120
Resolution1920x804
Aspect Ratio160:67
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.976
Bitrate1,997 kbps