Update 4.6.7.0 - Problems to read Podcasts

tomdom34

tomdom34

Hi, Since the update I canot read my podcasts. The file is not charged and when it (sometimes) starts playing it stops after approximately 1 minute. This happens only in Emby app. It works fine from web client. 
thanks 

best regards 

thomas

tomdom34

Hi Luke,

attached the server log: the play of the podcast should start a timestamp 2012-05-12 16-4x-xx.

What happens:
- I start to play the podcast (in the IOS app)
- The player on the bottom of the screen opens and the podcast plays
- The player is "frozen", no way to pause, stop ... the podcast from the player or to change the reading on the timeline
- The podcast plays a long as the screen is active
-When I close the screen the podcast stops playing

It works fine in the Webinterface of EMBY.

The user "Luke" is still active on my server, please feel free to login .....

Thanks for your help

Thomas

embyserver-16-46.txt

Edited by tomdom34

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
tomdom34
20 hours ago, Luke said:

@tomdom34 I have not reproduced it, no. It may depend on the content. Are you still running into this?

Hi Luke, yes still the same problem. I have reinstalled the client on my Iphone but no change. A friend does not face this problem on his Android phone. Related to the client software? I have checked on french, german and english podcasts sources.

• 4 weeks later...
tomdom34

Hi Luke,

I'm using french podcasts like "c dans l'air" but also CNN, BBC and others. You still have an account to login to my server if you want to test. It happens only on the IOS app of Emby. If I use the webinterface it works fine. On the IOS app it takes long time before starting playing, the player comes up sometimes only and is not usable (the stop, pause, ... button is not doing anything). Once playing it stops round about 5 minutes later with a crash of freeze of the app. You have to kill the app on the Iphone.

Best regards

Thomas

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 6:04 AM, tomdom34 said:

OK I imported the second one, and i do see an issue in the way the podcast plugin parses the duration. Once you get the updated plugin, try removing all podcasts, then run the refresh internet channels scheduled task in emby server (it may run automatically after doing this). Then try adding the podcasts back and run the scheduled task again. Please see if that helps. Thanks.