Emby theater 12 hr clock pls

Mbedford

Mbedford

How to make the emby theatre 12hr,

It is set to date/time locale set to auto. My windows 10 clock is set to 12 hour.

So whats up?

• Like 1

Mbedford

Hi Luke, it's 24hr in the top right in Emby theatre desktop app. I would like it to show 12hr

It is 12hr in my windows 10 bottom right.

OK, try setting the date time locale to something other than auto, then restart the app and see if that helps. thanks.

Mbedford

Hi Luke,

I tried English (United kingdom), English (United states), and Auto, and restarted the Emby theater app each time changing it. It always shows a 24hr clock in the top right of Emby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
dansblackcat

I have the exact same issue.  

Can a 12h/24h toggle be added into the settings somehow?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Mbedford

@Luke Can you or someone in the Emby team please look to either fix this, or make a 12h/24h toggle be added into the settings for the next release of Emby theater please?

This affects multiple users so please can this be either fixed or brought up the product backlog.

The option is already there via the Date time locale setting. We use the value you configure and the platform formats the date text for us using the chosen locale. I am not sure why it is not working in some rare situations, but it is probably an issue in the embedded version of Chromium the app uses. That's why I don't have a quick fix for you.

The good news is we are working on a brand new Windows app so stay tuned for that.

DarKni8
8 hours ago, Luke said:

The option is already there via the Date time locale setting. We use the value you configure and the platform formats the date text for us using the chosen locale. I am not sure why it is not working in some rare situations, but it is probably an issue in the embedded version of Chromium the app uses. That's why I don't have a quick fix for you.

The good news is we are working on a brand new Windows app so stay tuned for that.

Please try to bypass this shitty chromium thing, this is what causing problem with video level 52 on android app

• 7 months later...
Mbedford

Hi, Bump Bump!

Now upgraded to Windows 11, well a few months ago, still Emby Threatre in Australia shows 24hr clock too right, despite all of windows and other apps showing 12hr.

Hi, I'm sure this will be resolved with our new windows app once it is available. In the existing app we'll probably just have to live with it for now as I'm not sure why the wrong format is being detected.

Mbedford

I wasn't aware of a new windows app coming Luke, what's the ETA?

Are we talking Windows app you download, or from the windows store?