Emby Test App - Fire TV

darrenkdean

darrenkdean

Good Morning,

As our Samsung Smart TV's have become a bit dated (slow by comparison), I added Firestick 4K's to all of our TVs.  For a couple of days everything was working as expected.  Then on some of the Firestick 4K's, I noticed an orange diagonal banner across the Emby app that said Test.  I went thru a series of steps to remove Emby & the Test Emby app from the Amazon Cloud, & then push the Amazon Appstore Emby back to the Firesticks.

Now what I'm left with, the Emby app is installed on the Firesticks, but does not show up as an app that I can "Move to the Front" or access thru the Apps menu.  I have to search for it, & then it opens fine.

I've used Firesticks with Emby for many years & have never encountered this.  Thoughts on how to correct or even where to begin?

Best-

Darren

Edited by darrenkdean

Hi.  The app with the "Test" banner is the beta.  If you installed this from the store, then your Amazon account is signed up for the beta program.

I'm not sure why you would not be able to access the app normally from the device, however.

darrenkdean
55 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The app with the "Test" banner is the beta.  If you installed this from the store, then your Amazon account is signed up for the beta program.

I'm not sure why you would not be able to access the app normally from the device, however.

Thank you!  I think it's a corruption in the Amazon Cloud.  Might be as simple as deleting the Emby App from the Amazon Cloud/Library, & then reinstalling it on the device.  I've deleted the Emby Test App from the library.  Is there anything additional I need to do, to de-register from the Beta Channel & ensure the devices are receiving the stable version?

Best-

Darren

30 minutes ago, darrenkdean said:

Is there anything additional I need to do, to de-register from the Beta Channel

Please PM me the email address on the Amazon account.

• 1 month later...
darrenkdean
On 11/30/2021 at 12:59 PM, Luke said:

Apologies all.  I ended up spending a few hours with Amazon Tech Support troubleshooting this as it became clear the problem was sitting on an Amazon server.  I was able to delete both the beta app & normal app from the Amazon Cloud, uninstalled Emby from each of the Fire TV's, & then reinstalled the Emby app on each Fire TV.  They needed to be deleted from the Amazon Cloud (app list) first.  This method worked & has been working for a few weeks now.  Appreciate you both as always!

-Best

3 hours ago, darrenkdean said:

Apologies all.  I ended up spending a few hours with Amazon Tech Support troubleshooting this as it became clear the problem was sitting on an Amazon server.  I was able to delete both the beta app & normal app from the Amazon Cloud, uninstalled Emby from each of the Fire TV's, & then reinstalled the Emby app on each Fire TV.  They needed to be deleted from the Amazon Cloud (app list) first.  This method worked & has been working for a few weeks now.  Appreciate you both as always!

-Best

Thanks for the feedback.