QNAP TS-451 - what Server-Version to download?

krobulo

What is the right Server-Version to download for my QNAP TS-451 (CPU Intel Celeron J1800, bis zu 2408 MHz)?

I use a QNAP-NAS to store self-recorded media, which I manage and stream via TV-App on Mac. I plan to use emby to get access on my media from remote or to provide access to friends, and to get access to these media via my iPad and iPhone. Will this work with emby?

Do I need a subscription of emby Premiere for my described use case? If yes, does emby offer a free testing period?

Edited by krobulo

gillmacca01

Stable: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.7.0/emby-server-qnap_4.6.7.0_x86_64.qpkg

Beta: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.7.0.18/emby-server-qnap_4.7.0.18_x86_64.qpkg

Personally, I would install the stable version first and make sure everything is setup correctly and the way you want, before installing beta

Edited by gillmacca01

• 1 month later...
krobulo

My QNAP TS-451 refused the installation, because the "the digital signature ist invalid". What does this mean? It is recommended, to change settings in the QNAP AppCenter  "to allow installation without a valid digital signature"? 

On 1/5/2022 at 6:30 AM, krobulo said:

My QNAP TS-451 refused the installation, because the "the digital signature ist invalid". What does this mean? It is recommended, to change settings in the QNAP AppCenter  "to allow installation without a valid digital signature"? 

Hi, yes you'll need to change your QNAP settings to allow this.

Darkjeje

Hello Luc and happy new year to the entire Emby team!

Do you have any news regarding the addition of the electronic signature to the Emby application ?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @Luke, I would suggest that you add something like this notice to your QNAP installation page:

"Note: Due to licensing requirements, before installing the Emby QNAP app, you must have "Allow installation and execution of applications without a digital signature" selected and applied on the QNAP server at this location: App Center / Settings [gear wheel] / General. (This will produce a warning.) You must leave this setting on in order to avoid having the Emby app shut down every day or so by the QNAP system (which would then require a manual restart of the Emby app)."

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ulanov said:

Hi @Luke, I would suggest that you add something like this notice to your QNAP installation page:

"Note: Due to licensing requirements, before installing the Emby QNAP app, you must have "Allow installation and execution of applications without a digital signature" selected and applied on the QNAP server at this location: App Center / Settings [gear wheel] / General. (This will produce a warning.) You must leave this setting on in order to avoid having the Emby app shut down every day or so by the QNAP system (which would then require a manual restart of the Emby app)."

Hi, yes we do need to add that. Thanks.