emby Server does not scan the library

Wurstbrot3000
Go to solution Solved by Wurstbrot3000,

Wurstbrot3000

Hi everyone, I got a problem with my emby Server on my Synology NAS.

I updated my DSM to Version 7 and had to reinstall emby on the DSM, because after the update, emby server was down.
To get a completely fresh installation, I deleted "/volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer" via ssh.

Then I reinstalled emby and after the user setup and setup of emby Premiere I tried to configure the library.
When I tried to set the path to my media folder, the setup deleted the path every time and I choosed to set it manually to "/volume1/Filme".

After the setup, I tried to scan, but the library wants not to scan. 
User Permissions are correct, I checked. What can I do? Any ideas? :)

embyserver (1).txt hardware_detection-63773712881.txt

Hi, looks like the server is being denied access to your folders:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/Filme' is denied.

Did you follow this?

@cayars

Just an FYI, /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer is only one of about 4 or 5 places that would need to be removed for a truly clean re-install.  However, it's the "data" repository which is all most people are interested in clearing for such a re-install.

The thread @Luke linked to is mandatory to follow if you want your old DSM 6 Emby system migrated over to DSM 7.  Otherwise you're starting with a clean install.

That thread also includes instructions to your current problem of permissions as it shows the new DSM 7 way of managing permissions for the emby users.  The username Emby Server runs under now is no longer a normal user but a system internal user so it also requires setting up permissions differently.

These changes are not Emby changes but are all Synology changes to harden it's security footprint.

• Solution
Wurstbrot3000

Thanks!!! The Solution was:

From Control Panel go to Shared Folder and edit each share that is used by Emby Server.  Click the share, then EDIT, go to permission tab, select System internal usefrom drop down,
grant emby user read/write access.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-29 um 15.12.00.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-29 um 15.12.13.png