Having issues with Android Clients - caching login credentials

tcichowicz
Go to solution Solved by tcichowicz,

tcichowicz

Just started having problems with all of my Emby Servers (Windows & Synology) - android client connections ONLY caching login credentials.

I have no problems at all with the other clients making connections to the same servers.

Chrome, Apple TV, ios Ipad, iphone all work fine as they always do.

Just my android clients on the following platforms... Fire TV, Shield, Google TV, TiVo 4k Stream

They all have the same symptoms.

This testing is from login from local network. 

If I force stop, clear cache & delete data from the app within android settings -- or uninstall and reinstall the app the same happens.

It finds all my Emby severs fine. If I try connect I can connect to each one perfectly. It's when I try to connect a second time( to any of the previous successful connects where the swirling  circle begins and goes on forever. Never connects...

I'm baffled, All I have to do is clear the cache/data again and I can connect again once.(to each any server)

Any HELP would help ...

• Solution
tcichowicz

@ebr

believe that fixed my problem...

A few days ago I had added a second ethernet connection from my other LAN (to my 2 Synology (DS1520+)Emby Servers). I have 2 ISPs for redundancy. I read that the Synology could serve two different networks without a problem, and it did work great. However seems like Emby Server prefered that secondary network to the primary. The dashboard reflected that. I removed the second network, (cable) restarted both servers and all is well!

So far so good.   THANKS!

EDIT:

I still hope I can do what I intended, perhaps there is a way to force Emby server to use a specific LAN?

Also still wondering why it ONLY effected the Android client connections?

Edited by tcichowicz
clarification

1 hour ago, tcichowicz said:

I still hope I can do what I intended, perhaps there is a way to force Emby server to use a specific LAN?

Hi.  You can use the server configuration to specify what address you want used.

tcichowicz
12 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You can use the server configuration to specify what address you want used.

OK, If I think what you mean .. I've done that now. It appears to be working on the one client I tested it from.

emby_lan_settings.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at your config, it's possible that you could just blank out those options and put them back at default and you'd be fine.