DLNA Server Windows

Dax99

rbjtech

DLNA is a last resort to when there is no Emby Client available.

For both the LG TV (unless it is a brand new 2021 model) and Windows PC - there are native clients available. 

For the PC, you have the choice of a few - browser based (no client needed), Theatre etc

Have a look below - are scroll down to the App section.

https://emby.media/download.html

If you really want to see the DLNA on your PC (and not use an emby client), then assuming your PC is on the same network as your emby server, then you may need to open up the firewall so the emby server can be discovered (we know it works as the LG TV can see it) but this is USUALLY not needed.

• Thanks 1

thanks, I know about the apps, but I am still wondering why I couldn't see the DLNA Server.

I have disabled the firewall, but i can't see the DLNA in explorer.

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, Dax99 said:

thanks, I know about the apps, but I am still wondering why I couldn't see the DLNA Server.

I have disabled the firewall, but i can't see the DLNA in explorer.

Is your PC on the same LAN/Wifi as the Emby 'Server' ? - ie does it have the same IP subnet - 192.168.0.x for example ?

• Thanks 1

yes both.

DLNA from plex or synology mediaserver on the same NAS works fine. I can see them in windows.

Edited by Dax99

I just noticed that dlna is displayed in windows media player, but not in explorer

edit: i think I have the same problem like here:

Edited by Dax99
  • Agree 1

rbjtech

tbh I don't recall ever seeing it in explorer, I don't use DLNA myself so probably need to wait for an answer from a Dev. 

You can see and play the files in something like VLC and/or Windows Media Player yes ?

• Thanks 1

rbjtech

A quick google search reveals it's a Windows issue rather than Emby per-say, as no 'DLNA' devices show in explorer (none of my others do either, such as HD Homerun or AVR), but they all appear just fine in 'Devices'.

On 11/27/2021 at 9:51 AM, Dax99 said:

that would not explain why I can see plex dlna and synology media server dlna in explorer?

@Dax99 that's correct. We're still looking into that. Thanks.

• Thanks 2