2 different Lifetime Premier licenses to same email address

davedick
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

davedick

I purchased a lifetime premier license 5+ years ago.  For my parents, I also have a separate monthly premier license.  Today, I decided to convert the monthly to lifetime.  Since I paid with Paypal, it came to the email address, that I used for the original lifetime license.  When i looked at the license code (that I just got), it was exactly the same as the original.

Which leads me to a few questions:

1) Since I paid for 2 lifetime licenses, can I use the same ID on 2 servers in two physical locations, or is it best to cancel the monthly and ask for the email address to be changed on the 2nd lifetime?

2) If I can use the same ID on 2 different located servers, does this also give an extension of the 25 device limit?  I was just curious...

Thanks

• Solution

Hi.  Please email this to billingsupport@emby.media and they will get you squared away.

Thanks!

ebr will get you squared away on your particular license/email issue.

In case anyone was wondering the answer to your 2nd questions:
You can install your server license on another server that is yours.  You could for example want to run the release versions but also setup and test a beta version.  Or perhaps you like to run the beta version but run it with updates turned off.  You could then run another test server with your license to run the latest/greatest version to test it before upgrading your main server.

You could have a main server and perhaps install Emby Server on Shield TV along with a USB3 attached HDD for a portal Emby server to take on vacation with you.
This is allowed and not a problem.

The combination of all devices used to connect to any of your licensed servers is what is counted.  That means if you have 15 devices on server A and the same 15 devices on server B you are using 15 licenses.  If you tried to use 15 devices on A and 15 completely different devices on server B you would then have 30 devices being used.

Hope that clears that up for you.