Mixed Folders

nekromantik

nekromantik

Hi guys/gals

Quick question, will there be support for single level mixed folders like Plex does?

I currently have a seperate partition on my laptop with single movie files and tv sows on root of the drive and then movies and shows in its own folders.

However in MB3 they all show up together whatever I choose.

Thanks

what is in those text files, and what are you seeing in the display that is incorrect? can you show a screen of that?

note that in the web client you can click your user icon in the top right and control how different libraries are grouped together.

nekromantik

what is in those text files, and what are you seeing in the display that is incorrect? can you show a screen of that?

note that in the web client you can click your user icon in the top right and control how different libraries are grouped together.

Thats example of my folder structure.

Pretend they are movie files. Dont have access to my PC at the moment.

What I see in MB3 is everything in the folder displayed in my library. It does not split movies and tv shows and even shows exe files.

Deathsquirrel

Then no, that is not a supported video structure.  Hell, no offense, but that's not a structure at all. ;)

If you set things up like this you will never have a problem with any app I've ever tried:

Movies

Movie Title (date)

Movie Title (date).MKV

TV

TV Series Title

Season 1

S01E01 Episode Title.MKV

• Like 1

well the movies spread like that are perfectly fine but the random episodes is not something we currently support. we can always consider it if a lot of people are doing that.

nekromantik

well the movies spread like that are perfectly fine but the random episodes is not something we currently support. we can always consider it if a lot of people are doing that.

I hope you do support it :)

Also movies appear in my library if I create a tv show folder.

Latchmor

This is a strange one. With a little bit of easy tidying up of your hard drive (so it looks like what @@Deathsquirrel said above) you'd save the Devs having to support it. They've plenty to do!  :)

• Like 1

It would be pretty cool to have a "Random Play" button in MBT too. MBT would pick any movie or any TV show and play it.

yes. in the meantime you can do it with remote control.