"Play on..." feature on Android TV App

Davicom

Hi all,

is there some way to enable "play on" feature (like desktop-app and emby-app-standard show and allow on top-right of the screen) in Emby for Android Tv app?

It should be very gorgeous, it should permit to use just simple remote and not needed of the mouse or air mouse combined with flawlessy of the android tv comfort for the large screen.

Thanks

Davide

Hi,

Honestly i haven't tried it for a long time on Android TV, as from what i remember it wasn't possible i had to install on all my emby-standard devices. Are you saying that the "play-on ... some device" option is also available on Emby for Android Tv? If so, I immediately install the Emby for Android Tv version on all my devices ... Let me know

Hi.  No, I'm asking if you are trying to play to some other device from the Android TV app or are you trying to play something in the Android TV app from some other device.

You can play to the Android TV app but not from it.  If you are trying to play from it, can you explain your use-case?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  No, I'm asking if you are trying to play to some other device from the Android TV app or are you trying to play something in the Android TV app from some other device.

You can play to the Android TV app but not from it.  If you are trying to play from it, can you explain your use-case?  Thanks.

immagine.png.8b151e371f81b2645a15aace3135fa99.png

Is there any way to have the option in the above red circle on Android Tv App?

Use case: Emby for Andoid TV as frontend and some other device (media player) as back-end

Edited by Davicom

Hi, it's always possible for the future, yes. It's just not a typical use case so it's not something we've spent a lot of time on.

• Agree 1