Missing Get TV guide

clarkss12

Hi, what tuner are you using?  If it's an HDHomeRun try going to it's webpage and see if it's showing up there.  You can also check to make sure it doesn't have an X next to it as well.
If you have another app that can playback from this tuner, try that and then take a look at the stats showing for the channel in the web page.  What does it show for status?

If signal quality is marginal Emby might not have imported the channel.

clarkss12

That missing channel is back now.  No idea how it got back, or how it disappeared or when it disappeared.

Strange!!!

clarkss12
11 hours ago, cayars said:

I bet it's a fringe channel that depending on signal quality can come or go.

No, it is a major channel in my area........  I have no idea how that specific SUB channel disappeared.  The other SUB channels were listed and played perfectly.

Get TV.jpg

Do you have an amp inline?
If not at those levels it shouldn't be dropping off due to signal quality!

Keep an eye on your total number of channels (channel tab in Live TV) and if you see it change take a look at the logs or send them and we can take a look for you.

Catching it in the log file is probably the only way we can figure out what is happening.

clarkss12
54 minutes ago, cayars said:

Do you have an amp inline?
If not at those levels it shouldn't be dropping off due to signal quality!

Keep an eye on your total number of channels (channel tab in Live TV) and if you see it change take a look at the logs or send them and we can take a look for you.

Catching it in the log file is probably the only way we can figure out what is happening.

Yes, I have an inline amp.  Why would it only drop one sub channel, but not the other main and 6 sub channels? That sub channel showed up using the HDHomerun app, and played.

It only disappeared from the Emby guide.

Don't know why but subchannels won't always be identical as electrical interference and other factors can cause issues for only certain frequencies and not others. You would normally never notice this unless the signal level is borderline to begin with.

If you want to get a true reading remove the amp as right now any signal levels are mostly meaningless. Most common amps used have to high a noise dB rating which is often worse than not having the amp inline. A rating of 3 dB means 'double" so if your amp has a noise rating of 3 dB or higher it's likely causing issues.  If it's one of the better amps in the 0.5-1 dB area the gain or the signal over the noise floor is still noticeable and beneficial.

clarkss12
42 minutes ago, cayars said:

Don't know why but subchannels won't always be identical as electrical interference and other factors can cause issues for only certain frequencies and not others. You would normally never notice this unless the signal level is borderline to begin with.

If you want to get a true reading remove the amp as right now any signal levels are mostly meaningless. Most common amps used have to high a noise dB rating which is often worse than not having the amp inline. A rating of 3 dB means 'double" so if your amp has a noise rating of 3 dB or higher it's likely causing issues.  If it's one of the better amps in the 0.5-1 dB area the gain or the signal over the noise floor is still noticeable and beneficial.

My amp is mounted to the mast on my roof.

I was not saying this is something you have to do.  I was just saying if you want to know the true signal quality you need to remove the amp.

Just keep an eye on the channel count to see if this was just one of those strange things that happen every once in a great while or if it's an actual reoccurring problem that need more investigation.

I have two channels in my lineup like this that may or may not be there but they are I think 62 and 64 miles away.

clarkss12
51 minutes ago, cayars said:

I was not saying this is something you have to do.  I was just saying if you want to know the true signal quality you need to remove the amp.

Just keep an eye on the channel count to see if this was just one of those strange things that happen every once in a great while or if it's an actual reoccurring problem that need more investigation.

I have two channels in my lineup like this that may or may not be there but they are I think 62 and 64 miles away.

Thanks, I did not know about the amp not producing a true signal.