TV Shows Metadata Not Showing Up in Collection Folder That Also Has Movies

Jobber8742
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Jobber8742

With the latest update to version 3.0.5031.21343 of MediaBrowser Server an issues started with mediabrowser not finding the metadata for TV Series' that are located in a combined collection folder with movies. For example, I have a folder named Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [boxset]. In this boxset folder, each turtles TV show has its own folder and each movie has it's own folder. Before, mediabrowser correctly identified each of these and metadata was grabbed as it should. Now with the last update, all the episodes of each of the shows are only displaying the file name (i.e. S01E01, S01E02, etc) and no metadata.  It also lost all the watched tags for the episodes already watched. The movies in this folder retained their metadata and watched status. Did I do something wrong, or did this quit functioning correctly with the last update?

Edited by Jobber8742

• Solution

putting a series under a boxset has never been a supported configuration, even if it happened to work before you were relying on an undocumented feature. that's not to say it can't be looked at in a future release though.

• Like 1