Integration with screensaver, system status, ambient mode not working

gbcox

gbcox
30 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yea the standard app does all of this already.

By the standard app, I'm assuming you mean the android app which requires a sideload to install on Chromecast for Google TV?  If so, as I've been reporting for months that app doesn't play any media... video or music on Chromecast for Google TV.   I'm guessing that's why you still have the Android TV specific version on the playstore and won't allow direct install from the playstore.   When you select something to play, it just hangs.  I've tested with Version 3.2.52 and while I can see obvious improvement in the look and feel of the interface for TV platforms, it still hangs when trying to play media.  Looking good but not functional.

Edited by gbcox

34 minutes ago, gbcox said:

By the standard app, I'm assuming you mean the android app which requires a sideload to install on Chromecast for Google TV?  If so, as I've been reporting for months that app doesn't play any media... video or music on Chromecast for Google TV.   I'm guessing that's why you still have the Android TV specific version on the playstore and won't allow direct install from the playstore.   When you select something to play, it just hangs.  I've tested with Version 3.2.52 and while I can see obvious improvement in the look and feel of the interface for TV platforms, it still hangs when trying to play media.  Looking good but not functional.

HI, sorry to hear about this. Can you please try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1obwrckg4lkjc8/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk?dl=0

And then provide a log from the android app by following these instructions:

Thanks.

• Like 1

gbcox

I just tried it and I'm getting the same thing.  When I try to play a video or music, I either get a black screen which I have to press the back key to get out of or it just flickers and goes back to the "press play" screen.  Here is the log file you requested:

19a9d72f-2b5f-445b-a881-8b6a1af9fe5a.log

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 2:58 PM, gbcox said:

I just tried it and I'm getting the same thing.  When I try to play a video or music, I either get a black screen which I have to press the back key to get out of or it just flickers and goes back to the "press play" screen.  Here is the log file you requested:

19a9d72f-2b5f-445b-a881-8b6a1af9fe5a.log 82.46 kB · 3 downloads

Have you gotten this update yet?

https://www.androidauthority.com/chromecast-with-google-tv-android-update-3185412/

Has it helped?

• 2 weeks later...
gbcox

Yes, thank you.  It is playing both video and music files.  Plus, media sessions is working.  Still have the issue with the Listenbrainz scrobbling for tracks with multiple track artists.  Would be nice if that could get fixed.  Plus, while media sessions works (i.e. you can go to the home screen and the album art and artist/track are displayed - plus this information displays correctly on the settings menu and screensaver) When you select an album to play within emby (either play or shuffle) the music starts playing but nothing else changes.  In other words, it doesn't switch to the track playing, it just keeps the same information.  I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. 

But much much much better than what it was before... Thanks!

Screenshot_20220724-142951.png

Edited by gbcox
  • Thanks 1