TS on videos that are not TS

sampsoninc916

sampsoninc916

BubbleUPNP connected with MediaBrowser keeps on showing several videos that aren't in the TS format as a TS video. As a result, the VLC Player on Android keeps on having a HW acceleration error, which forces me to disable it, and then watch the video without any seekable streams, then when I restart the video in an attempt to start from where I left off, it starts the video all over again back from the beginning. May you please help me fix this error?

@@sampsoninc916

The android device you are using doesn't understand the format of the native video to direct stream. It's being rebuilt into a transport stream. Transport streams cannot seek beyond what has been received so fast forward is limited but rewind shouldn't be. Try using bsplayer on android and you won't have playback issues it should install required codecs when it installs itself. What extension/format are the videos that become transport streams? What version of Mediabrowser server are you using?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free&hl=en

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

The server is presenting the media to the dlna client in the form that it will be playing in, not in the form it's stored in. we have no way of altering the display in bubble upnp to say mkv or whatever your files actually are. you could try using a device profile to adjust the way it's played on the device.