Xbox - Can't access keyboard to enter pin/password

MBSki

MBSki

I'm trying to login to Emby, but I can't get the keyboard to pop up. I've tried every button and nothing works. I used to be able to open up the keyboard just by pressing A on the controller, but that doesn't work anymore.

Is there a workaround I can use? @Luke Can you please fix this? I'm stuck and I can't watch anything at the moment.

• Like 1

MBSki

@cayars This is the issue I mentioned in my other posting about not being able to access servers via EmbyConnect. I'd love to be able to manually enter the server IP and port, but it's just not possible.

@Luke Are you aware of this issue? Can you please fix?

Oh, I see what you mean.  I just tried this on my xbox which I finally got back from my son. :)

Yes, no keyboard anywhere in the app.  In a couple places they have the A..Z letters but it's not a keyboard.
Also noticed right away it appears you can't get to the search icon as there is no indicator but it still works if you keep track of where you are.
No keyboard on the search screen either which makes that a bit hard to use.

• Like 1

MBSki

Ok, good to hear you were able to confirm. So, I unfortunately can't get into Xbox at all because I can't type anything to login. 

@LukeAre you following this thread? Any way you can push out a quick fix?

MBSki
8 minutes ago, cayars said:

You could try to remote control your XBox from an Android Phone or XBox app on a PC.

Ah, good call! I'll try that.

marauder

I didn’t see a space specifically for Xbox apps. I have a person trying to use my Emby on their Xbox one. They just installed the app but when they go to type in the server name, after selecting the host box, no keyboard pops up. They’re using an Xbox remote. 

found same issue under 

Edited by marauder
Linking similar issue

FrostByte

@mbarylski the 'A' button brings up the keyboard for me now using .386.

I was able to manually logon using the keyboard

Edit: kb with search works too

Edited by FrostByte

MBSki
2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

@mbarylski the 'A' button brings up the keyboard for me now using .386.

I was able to manually logon using the keyboard

Edit: kb with search works too

Same here! 

Thanks for fixing @Luke!

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

Anyone having trouble playing 4K files on Xbox one (direct play) it just sits there with spinning circle. Other non 4K seem to play fine. Lowering quality seems to force transcoding and it plays

Edited by PrincessClevage

MBSki
On 12/3/2021 at 8:11 AM, PrincessClevage said:

Anyone having trouble playing 4K files on Xbox one (direct play) it just sits there with spinning circle. Other non 4K seem to play fine. Lowering quality seems to force transcoding and it plays

It's a known issue. 4k videos don't work on Xbox One. There's another version in development right now, but no ETA on when it will be available or if it will support 4k. Fingers crossed that it will.