No Internet = Limited Playback Options

CBers

With no internet access, which I haven't had for a few hours, there are limited options for playback on a TV.

I can't use either Chromecast or the Samsung Smart TV apps as they need internet access (Samsung Smart TV checks internet access on app startup).

The only option I have is my Roku/Now TV box or use DLNA PlayTo to my Samsung TV.

I don't have any HTPCs any more, so can't use MBC or MBT.

Just thought I'd share whilst waiting for my ISP to pull their finger out and fix the issue.

Redshirt

Yeah I've noticed. My internet was down for hours a few days ago. The Android client can't connect to the server without an internet connection. Android doesn't support UNC names. Only IP & FQDN's. Not sure if my router was causing the issue to be worse. Also the MBC ping to mb3admin.com is blocking. The login screen stays frozen for 15 seconds in my case while MBS eventually throws an error and responds to MBC.

The Android app connects to my MBS OK, just can't play anything via the Chromecast as the receiver app is on the internet somewhere.

Can't the Chromecast receiver app sit on the server? Or is this Google restrictions?

Also the MBC ping to mb3admin.com is blocking. The login screen stays frozen for 15 seconds in my case while MBS eventually throws an error and responds to MBC.

It shouldn't be blocking anything but that is actually gone in the latest dev releases anyway.