Artists images being cut off in web client

Scott84Z28
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

Scott84Z28

Hi,

I'm currently running version 3.0.5366.22005 of the server.  I've noticed for a few weeks at least, that when I use the web client and browse into musics and into Artists, that the images all have the tops cut off.  See the image below:

541154118d4ab_MB3artistsissue.jpg

Anyone else seeing this?  It used to work fine a few months ago.  I can't say for sure at what point it changed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Scott

Edited by Scott84Z28

Scott84Z28

Ya, it makes for an interesting view....

The images are all 1:1 ratio, but they are being stretched tall, and then get cut off.  If I click on the artist, the picture is stetched there too, but it doesn't get cut off.  If I click on the picture again which then takes me to the metadata manager, here the picture is displayed in the correct ratio, and it says it is 1000x1000.

It seems like the place hold is trying to stretch the image to be like like a DVD cover size or something, instead of a CD cover size.

• Solution
Redshirt

CoverArt is stretching the image due to the treatment being used. If you enter the CA config and select maintain original aspect ration that should fix it. Is that right @@ebr.

• Like 2

I'm a little rusty with MB3, I haven't kept up with all the changes. I have tried to fix these issues but don't seem able and not sure where the problem lies, apologies if posted in the wrong place.

The image below shows several "problems" 

1. The images are cut off
  2. Ally McBeal has no image. Again not the only one. Is this due to there being nothing to download. If so what can I do?

54168c27f1ca8_MB3Server.jpg

TIA

thefirstofthe300

In the CoverArt plugin profile, you will need to set the plugin to keep the aspect ratio of the image.

5417434bd0465_Screenshotfrom201409151251

Thanks for the reply DaBungalow,

That was the 1st thing I checked, been there before. It's only the Album Artist and Artist views in the web client which appear to be effected. I have tried that option selected and un selected out of curiosity and it makes no difference to these views but as expected it does effect the the view in MB Theater.

In fact using "use original aspect ratio" or not has no noticeable effect at all, on any image using a browser, from what I can see. It also appears coverart is not attempting to treat these images, which MB has pulled from the internet?

Maybe one for EBR to answer ;)

Edited by berrick

The images in your picture have definitely been treated by CA (or stark covers...).

What do the original images look like?  Are they square?

The web client is expecting square images there.

Hi ebr,

I'm currently running

server          3.0.5366.22005

Coverart      4061

MB Intros     1032

Whilst I haven't checked all the images MB has pulled down and stored in the IBN - Artists folder on the server, the ones I have checked are indeed square though their sizes differ. IE and Google both display cropped images.

Edited by berrick

Yep, that option should do the trick.

But not in my case :angry: which is one of the reasons why I started a separate post. I have tried everything I can think of

• renamed the cache folder
  • renamed the data folder
  • renamed the IBN folder

but I can't fix this issue and as previously mentioned I have "original aspect ratio" ticked. Where else might images be cached that I haven't reset.

54189e17e4096_Settings.jpg

Thanks in advance

Check it in your default profile.

Music Artists aren't found under the folder path you have that profile defined for.

• Like 1

Check it in your default profile.

Music Artists aren't found under the folder path you have that profile defined for.

You are correct  :wub:  that's why your the chief and I'm not lol

Many thanks