Skipping forward in video causes audio stutter on every skip

MBSki

MBSki

Every time I skip forward on a video I'm watching there's an annoying audio stutter. This went away for a little while, but it seems to be back now. I just watched a DVRd ts video and every time I skipped I would get the audio stutter. Anyone else experience this issue?

MBSki

I just disabled sound effects and the audio skipping disappeared. Seems the sound effects are the cause of the issue.

10 hours ago, mbarylski said:

I just disabled sound effects and the audio skipping disappeared. Seems the sound effects are the cause of the issue.

That's interesting, thanks. Given that it's running on the legacy edge webview, it's probably not worth even having the feature in the app if it is causing problems. We can restore it once the app is switched over to the newer chromium edge webview.

MBSki
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

That's interesting, thanks. Given that it's running on the legacy edge webview, it's probably not worth even having the feature in the app if it is causing problems. We can restore it once the app is switched over to the newer chromium edge webview.

Ah, yea, good call. Thanks.

OK i'm pushing a store update to just drop it from the app for now. I'll monitor it over the next week and see if it has a noticeable impact on the number of crash reports we see.

MBSki

Ok. Disabling only fixed the audio stutter though. It didn't prevent the crashes. I'll check again after I get the update and let you know if the crashes stop too though.

MBSki

Well, I'm surprised, but it actually worked @Luke! It's not crashing anymore, BUT, every time I navigate to a different spot on the page, the screen flickers, jumps, and shrinks to a 1/4 of the tv. It then freezes for a bit, then goes back to the correct size and I can move around again. I imagine this also has something to do with the old webview?