Roku won't keep server settings

TheClaus

TheClaus

I am having an odd issue.  I have to put in the server settings everyday into my Roku app.  When I exit and come back into the app it comes back to the server select screen.  If I click on the server it errors out saying I need to wake the server or delete the server.  If I go back to the screen and manually put in the ip and port and connect it works.  I have several other clients (Emby Theater, Nvidia Shield) that work great.  Just the Roku client isn't.

I have tried uninstalling the app and resetting settings on the Roku client and still it doesn't save the information.

Hi. Please confirm that the address shown on the dashboard of the server is exactly the same as the one you are entering manually.

TheClaus

Ahh so it isn't.  I am using unraid and I have emby attached to my proxynet so it is accessible from the inside and outside my network.  I have made some changes to the network section of Emby.  The first change I made was setting the local address of the server to its 192.168.x.x address.  The second change I made was on the external domain to the domain I am using.  I will test this out and report back.

Thanks for the quick reply

Claus

The first change I made was setting the local address of the server to its 192.168.x.x address

Yea just keep in mind that once you start customizing this, you essentially are stuck having to keep doing it forever anytime that ip address changes. That's why it is generally better to configure the surrounding environment properly so that emby server will detect the LAN address on its own without having to explicitly set it.

frankmb
22 hours ago, TheClaus said:

I am having an odd issue.  I have to put in the server settings everyday into my Roku app.  When I exit and come back into the app it comes back to the server select screen.  If I click on the server it errors out saying I need to wake the server or delete the server.  If I go back to the screen and manually put in the ip and port and connect it works.  I have several other clients (Emby Theater, Nvidia Shield) that work great.  Just the Roku client isn't.

I have tried uninstalling the app and resetting settings on the Roku client and still it doesn't save the information.

I have had a weird issue that was very similar this this. I was never able to fix it until I rebooted the Roku TV and it magically fixed itself.

Helpdesk.jpg?w=1024&ssl=1

See: 

Edited by frankmb