Remote WAN IP changed format

Daisuke88

Daisuke88

Hello Team, 

I was troubleshooting why i wasnt able to access my server from outside my home, i went over the IP and saw that my wan ip address changed format. Is this normal? how can I change it back to what it was?

Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Screenshot from 2021-11-12 16-30-42.png

Happy2Play

Emby does not control your ISP WAN address it only reads what your ISP is providing you.  You might be able to disable IPv6 on your router but don't really know if that will make much difference.

Daisuke88
8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Emby does not control your ISP WAN address it only reads what your ISP is providing you.  You might be able to disable IPv6 on your router but don't really know if that will make much difference.

Thank you, I disabled the IPb6 on my router but it still showing up... really weird how randomly it changed when Ive been using emby for almost a year now. maybe itll change back on its own.

bob58523

Hello... I am having this same problem, and I have read that others are as well. It is very frustrating because no one that uses my server can access it remotely. I have used the web pages that show ip address and it shows the ipv4 address, but emby shows the ipv6. I have tried everything that others have mentioned but it does not work. I really like emby, I'm a premium user, but if I cannot fix this I will have to find something else.

GrimReaper
38 minutes ago, bob58523 said:

Hello... I am having this same problem, and I have read that others are as well. It is very frustrating because no one that uses my server can access it remotely. I have used the web pages that show ip address and it shows the ipv4 address, but emby shows the ipv6. I have tried everything that others have mentioned but it does not work. I really like emby, I'm a premium user, but if I cannot fix this I will have to find something else.

Few topics (and workarounds mentored within) about same issue lately, I reckon your best bet would be to either adjust router settings or go by some DDNS:

Edited by GrimReaper

Hi, you can always enter a specific remote address into emby server network settings if you need to.

Just be advised that if you do that, you'll also need to keep it up to date if your remote ip ever changes. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

bob58523

I tried doing that in the network section of settings, but it will not let me change the address. All I can do is click on it and it opens. How can I edit the address?

thanks

Just now, bob58523 said:

I tried doing that in the network section of settings, but it will not let me change the address. All I can do is click on it and it opens. How can I edit the address?

thanks

What happens when you try to change the address? What exactly did you do?

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, bob58523 said:

Sorry... on the dashboard. Where else can I change it?

Network, External Domain 

image.png.1dadae22b839a3e6ecffb384a52f96bd.png

image.png.5f6068c9aa1fff4a91dcdaed74b80529.png

But if your WAN Changes you have to manually update it.

Edited by Happy2Play

bob58523

It will not let me to do anything on the remote (wan) access except click on it. I tried to highlight to change it but I am not able to.

Happy2Play
Just now, bob58523 said:

It will not let me to do anything on the remote (wan) access except click on it. I tried to highlight to change it but I am not able to.

Dashboard WAN is just a display there is no edit function.  You have to go to Network External Domain as shown above.

bob58523

ok... so putting the address in the domain area worked for me... app now connects. I thought that was only for DDNs. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it

Bob

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, bob58523 said:

ok... so putting the address in the domain area worked for me... app now connects. I thought that was only for DDNs. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it

Bob

Ideally it is and the server should auto detect proper WAN.  But it would appear systems are seeing mixed WAN addresses right now.

But as noted if your ISP changes your WAN you have to manually update this value.

Edited by Happy2Play

Once you've updated to Emby Server 4.6.5 please try this again. You shouldn't have to customize the remote address in server network settings anymore. (It's better not to). Thanks.

ThePaladinTech

please ignore - posting in windows space...

Edited by ThePaladinTech

Hi, To all concerned;
  As @Lukementioned. Make sure you have the latest update which is Emby Server 4.6.5.  This update will allow you to have the WAN address as IPv4 again. The update took place today at 8:16 PM MST automatically in my system and started working again by itself. Thank you all for helping me out. 

621126774_emby4.6updatenov162021.thumb.png.605f48c1a3ba4c739259ad538928adf6.png

Just now, dubnex said:

Hi, To all concerned;
  As @Lukementioned. Make sure you have the latest update which is Emby Server 4.6.5.  This update will allow you to have the WAN address as IPv4 again. The update took place today at 8:16 PM MST automatically in my system and started working again by itself. Thank you all for helping me out. 

621126774_emby4.6updatenov162021.thumb.png.605f48c1a3ba4c739259ad538928adf6.png

Thanks for the feedback !