Loading loop on Emby for macOS Monterey

shayr
Go to solution Solved by shayr,

Hello.

I've been using Emby for a few years now, with my server being on a linux and then using Emby theater (or app) for both windows and mac.

I have not been using it since updating my Macbook Air M1 to Monterey, but now the screen just keeps on loading forever. It shows the loading, then

I can see my library, and a second later it's loading again (Emby logo and circle). Could not find anything on the forum about it. I do have an
Emby Premiere license, so playback should work (and it was working until now).

I am using the latest version 2.0.9. Tried both downloads from website and form the App store, but both versions have this problem.

Would appreciate any help on this.

51 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, exactly what screen just keeps on loading? Thanks.

Hi Luke, thanks for replying.

Basically the moment I move my mouse or go into full screen mode I see the logo and loading circle. This is before even going into a movie/category:

image.png.c921e61f2d2e481c1fbbc181e634c530.png

1 minute ago, shayr said:

Hi Luke, thanks for replying.

Basically the moment I move my mouse or go into full screen mode I see the logo and loading circle. This is before even going into a movie/category:

image.png.c921e61f2d2e481c1fbbc181e634c530.png

Is that just opening the app? What exactly do you do prior to that?

Yes, just opening the app, nothing else prior. I never had this problem and the only difference since the last time I opened the app was
the upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey.

This is happening to me as well. It's 100% a Monterey-specific problem. The client app reloads every few seconds, making it unusable. The problem does not occur on my Big Sur laptop, my Apple TV 4k, my iPad, or my Windows PC.

Client 2.09 is running on Monterey 12.0.1

Server 4.6.6.0 is running on Synology DSM 7

I'm trying to switch from Plex to Emby, but this bug is an instant stopper, unfortunately.

rooser11
24 minutes ago, wrlkd said:

It's 100% a Monterey-specific problem

I am also on Monterey and I don't have this problem.  M1 Mac.  My server is still on 4.6.5.0, though I don't think that should matter here.

40 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you please attach the emby server log from when this happens? Thanks.

I can attach the log, but how is it relevant? the server is on an external linux (ubuntu 20.04). I don't see the connection here tbh.

logs.zip

2 hours ago, shayr said:

I can attach the log, but how is it relevant? the server is on an external linux (ubuntu 20.04). I don't see the connection here tbh.

logs.zip 47.34 kB · 0 downloads

It's relevant because I immediately see a playback log in this zip and I thought you had said the problem was right upon starting the app. So when exactly does this happen?

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's relevant because I immediately see a playback log in this zip and I thought you had said the problem was right upon starting the app. So when exactly does this happen?

Thanks for looking over and for the help.

I just added all of the logs, but the problem happens all the time. Even when I manage to enter a movie the screen is just black and keep reloading. I am 99.999999% sure that the problem is from macOS Monterey, as it happens only inside the App. I can use the web interface on Firefox, Chrome and Safari just fine.

Edited by shayr
details

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

Today I updated to the new 12.1 Monterey version, and it looks as though the issue went away. As far as I know Emby
version has not been updated in the last month or so, so might be something on the old version (12.0.1).

16 hours ago, wrlkd said:

I can confirm that updating to Monterey 12.1 fixes this problem.

Thanks for the update !