Audio drops for TrueHD with 96Khz sampling rate

Spacefred

Spacefred

when playing a video on my nvidia shield with TrueHD 96Khz, I get audio drops every 10-15 seconds. My receiver correctly shows that it is getting the TruHD stream at 96Khz.

I have the same issue with Plex (VLC is working perfectly).

Is this a known issue? Is emby using exoplayer and it's where the issue lies?

Thanks

Spacefred

I checked it out but my issue is limited to 96Khz - the issue mentioned there has to do with 48Hz and high bandwidth. for me every 96Khz title fails regardless of total bandwidth. Exoplayer had an issue with 96khz DTS-HD that was fixed a few months ago so I'm thinking it;'s in the same line. VLC works without issue.

FrostByte
6 minutes ago, Spacefred said:

I checked it out but my issue is limited to 96Khz - the issue mentioned there has to do with 48Hz and high bandwidth. for me every 96Khz title fails regardless of total bandwidth. Exoplayer had an issue with 96khz DTS-HD that was fixed a few months ago so I'm thinking it;'s in the same line. VLC works without issue.

Do you know which version of Exoplayer that was fixed in?  

ExoPlayer/RELEASENOTES.md at release-v2 · google/ExoPlayer · GitHub

Spacefred

Plex android TV 8.12.0 fixed it - they mention updating ExoPlayer to r2.12.1 in the release notes of the Beta 4 days before another Beta lists the fix. I don't know if that's the one but hopefully it narrows it down.

Edited by Spacefred

4 hours ago, Spacefred said:

ExoPlayer to r2.12.1

We are well beyond that release of Exo so that isn't the solution.

FrostByte

Did you see this ticket?

Play Dolby threehd 96hz sample rate(bitstreaming).The voice was intermittent · Issue #419 · Nevcairiel/LAVFilters · GitHub

It looks like at the bottom there was a commit on Sep 11 which I assume made it into version 2.15.1 then?

If you follow the code 

Properly account for the number of samples in every TrueHD audio fram…
…e when bitstreaming

Resolves an issue with A/V sync and possible audio skipping when
bitstreaming TrueHD

FrostByte
2 minutes ago, Spacefred said:

I did not - interesting - what's the exoplayer version used by the current emby Android TV?

Right now latest beta has 2.13.2.  If you open the server log and search for "Exoplayer" it will display the version on that line

I'm looking at the Exoplayer release notes though and I can't make out if the commit actually made it into the releases, or not

On 11/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, FrostByte said:

Did you see this ticket?

Play Dolby threehd 96hz sample rate(bitstreaming).The voice was intermittent · Issue #419 · Nevcairiel/LAVFilters · GitHub

It looks like at the bottom there was a commit on Sep 11 which I assume made it into version 2.15.1 then?

If you follow the code 

Properly account for the number of samples in every TrueHD audio fram…
…e when bitstreaming

Resolves an issue with A/V sync and possible audio skipping when
bitstreaming TrueHD

I just looked at this more closely.  That code change is in LAVFilters, not Exoplayer...

• Like 1

FrostByte
2 hours ago, ebr said:

I just looked at this more closely.  That code change is in LAVFilters, not Exoplayer...

Ok, thanks.  That's why I didn't see it mentioned in the release notes