Split Version Apart

nbedendo

nbedendo

Hi, as you know i'm pretty new to Emby and i'm trying to see if fits with a working need.

I have so many MP4 who i use as adv material for my work and i want to try to use emby for share that to my clients.

Obviously this Library is not something who any scraper will recognize so i will use the Folder view.

And i cant change the folder structure and the name of each file.

Basically is very easy

ROOT/

A/

B/

Z/

and any file in each dir is ABC - XXX - 123.mp4

For some of them, and i did not understood with criteria Emby have, Emby instead of show me the Folder A (for example) show me the file ARALDICA (just an example) and if i open i see that he create a Version menu where included all the different file.

There is a way to avoid that or i have to enter in each and click on "Split Version Apart" and edit manually metadata for show the existing showed name?

Than in any case i saw that after the above action in see the "single" file in the ROOT and not in A Folder, so i tried to rename the folder A in SOMETHING than back to A and this fixed this one.

Edited by nbedendo

GrimReaper

What library type is that? If I understood correctly, you don't need scraping, hence 'Home videos and pictures' library-type with Folder view might suit your needs?

nbedendo

Yes you are right do not need scraping and i will create NFO manually (or maybe i will find some tool who create NFO basing on some file naming rules if anyone have suggestion will be welcome) in order to even if i will use the folder structure i still be able to do search based on the XXX part as example (who is the MANUFACTURER NAME) who have product in different AZ Folder.

I will try the Home Video and Pictures.

Tnx

Edited by nbedendo

GrimReaper
30 minutes ago, nbedendo said:

or maybe i will find some tool who create NFO basing on some file naming rules if anyone have suggestion will be welcome

Although not designed with such purpose in mind, you can surely use TMM even without scraping those and manipulate NFO creation and editing details on single item or do it in batch. 

• Like 1

nbedendo
1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

Although not designed with such purpose in mind, you can surely use TMM even without scraping those and manipulate NFO creation and editing details on single item or do it in batch. 

Tnx i will look this one! you saved time to search :)

• Like 1

nbedendo
45 minutes ago, Luke said:

This is happening did to your file naming matching our multi version naming criteria:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

Tnx Luke i saw this one.. and yes you are right, BTW i'm testing yours amazing app in order to see if there will be some "unconventional" way to use for my work also :)

A library option is probably needed to ignore multi version naming. I think that would help here.

• Like 1

nbedendo
On 11/5/2021 at 8:06 PM, Luke said:

A library option is probably needed to ignore multi version naming. I think that would help here.

would be great, i tried with the suggested type of library but in the first impression there will be a limited research option, so i’m back with the video one and maybe with a matching NFL there is less situation whetr happen

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
nbedendo

Connected question: there is a way after the split function to update the metadata with the previous data?

Let me explain better: when the server build the

group due to the file name comparison the media show the “common” part as a globa title, now when i split manually the group any media keep with the same title, i’m asking if is possible to have instead the file name like any other media who wad not envolved in the group. I have, after the reinstall of the server all the group rebuilded and all the media to be edited again.

On 11/24/2021 at 1:48 AM, nbedendo said:

Connected question: there is a way after the split function to update the metadata with the previous data?

Let me explain better: when the server build the

group due to the file name comparison the media show the “common” part as a globa title, now when i split manually the group any media keep with the same title, i’m asking if is possible to have instead the file name like any other media who wad not envolved in the group. I have, after the reinstall of the server all the group rebuilded and all the media to be edited again.

Hi, currently, no, you'd have to just edit manually after splitting. Thanks.