Get premiere

cryhavoc

cryhavoc

Okay, I continue to get that message even though I have it; it is beginning to look like my thought to support emby was misplaced when I continue to have that effort cast aside.  something for the devs to look at. 

and do not ask for logs or what the weather is like on this end.  there is nothing I could do wrong; once I enter my key and save, that should be it, final.  oh no, not with emby; it is forgotten soon after.

Hi. We're sorry you are having issues but this type of thing almost always comes down to local network configuration.  Something is usually blocking access to our servers to validate.

Please see the following and provide a log from when you did the steps if you cannot find the culprit.  Thanks.

My Emby Key Says it is Invalid or Missing

cryhavoc

First, I apologize for my irritated post(s).  Sometimes I have neither the time nor patience to dig.  I know, lame, this is a forum for sharing knowledge not frustration of which I am guilty, more than once.  

Second, I appreciate the response; you revealed the issue.  I should say, my inference:  an active internet connection is required more often than current setup to have the emby server not disregard my lifetime membership for the server.  That explains it; this is a qnap server of which I am much more guarded.  I'll reassess my qnap concerns and emby.

While I have the chance:  great support from you, Luke and many others.  I have learned much, not this until now, sorry, reading many posts. 

Thank you for the support, and patience.

Success to Emby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper
13 minutes ago, cryhavoc said:

First, I apologize for my irritated post(s).  Sometimes I have neither the time nor patience to dig.  I know, lame, this is a forum for sharing knowledge not frustration of which I am guilty, more than once.  

Second, I appreciate the response; you revealed the issue.  I should say, my inference:  an active internet connection is required more often than current setup to have the emby server not disregard my lifetime membership for the server.  That explains it; this is a qnap server of which I am much more guarded.  I'll reassess my qnap concerns and emby.

While I have the chance:  great support from you, Luke and many others.  I have learned much, not this until now, sorry, reading many posts. 

Thank you for the support, and patience.

Success to Emby.

That was actually a very honest and down-to-earh post, nothing to concern yourself about, we were all in the same position at some point in the past (and occassionaly still are), I like how you've owned it. 👍

To shed some light there, your server does need to call home ocassionaly (meaning live internet connection) to verify Premiere subscription - in between those it will run on cache, most I've got was about three weeks, don't know how much subscription type (monthly, yearly, lifetime) comes into play for that grace-period. 

That is not the only thing to take into account, as depending on which client you consume your media on, that might also be a factor to a lesser or greater extent. 

But not to get into any unnecessary specifics while still generalizing, if you have any related questions feel free to shoot, I reckon community will be more that willing to answer your queries. 

Cheers