Remote user settings don't save/persist?

justinrh
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

justinrh

I use the web app to connect from a remote machine (via HTTPS), change settings and they stick for the user session but not between sessions.  Local connection seems to work fine.

login
Settings -> Playback
change 'internet network quality' from the default auto
toggle off 'enable cinema intros'
Home

close the browser
login again and check settings - back to default values

Happy2Play

Only way I could reproduce this is Clearing browser history on the client.  It will happen no matter the connection method though.

So I guess the question would be is this browser configured to clear browser history when closed or do you have add-ons or other programs that will do this.

justinrh

So you are saying this is a browser setting (cache/cookie) and not a user profile setting?  So I'd have to change these things on every browser I use?

• Solution
Happy2Play
1 minute ago, justinrh said:

So you are saying this is a browser setting (cache/cookie) and not a user profile setting?  So I'd have to change these things on every browser I use?

Correct as they are per device settings not a global user setting.  

• Thanks 1

Many options are user profile options, but some such as the quality settings are more appropriate being tied to the device rather than the user 

• 3 weeks later...
Thomas64

Is this a relatively new change in behavior?

It has been a while since I've wanted to change any of these user settings. But, I've recently gotten on the bandwagon to change everythng possible to "Dark Mode" I can - and found the "Black" Theme and Setting Theme in Emby to be perfect!! (Especially more so than the blinding light from a TV with the Setting Theme at "Light".)

I have every browser I use set to delete everything possible on close, and have for a while. Just trying to keep as much personal information inside my network as possible. Resistance may be futile, but I am trying.. LOL

It seems like you could previosuly set the Theme and Settings Theme and they would stick to the actual user - not the browser/device.

Even setting them from an Admin account via the Users page doesn't get the default behaviour to change - and it really seems like it once did..
I am pretty sure at some point I set my user accounts to the Dark/Light they are now stuck at from one of the more colorful options.

Could the behavior be changed to something along the lines that when a Profile is set from the Users page via an Admin account - that saves on the Server and becomes the new default and is used when no cookie or such exists telling it otherwise in the local browser/device? And, if there is a cookie or such in the local browser/device - it looks at those settings first?

Seems like there HAS to be SOME way to change the defaults from what Emby "ships" with that isn't completely browser/device/cookie based (making them always pretty much  temporary)..

Hi, it's not new, no. Themes are device specific because you may want different options on different screens, different rooms, etc.