MBC Windows 7 32-bit cannot connect to server

jvandy7

I've been trying to reuse an older 32-bit system for media only and want to have Media Browser Server and Client able to run. I've had great success setting up the server and a number of clients based off a Win8 64-bit system running the same version of the server and client; everything runs flawlessly on my other systems. MBS on the 32-bit is just fine through the web UI and I can connect from other clients to it, just not locally where the client is running on 32-bit, It is a fresh install of Win7 with nothing else on the system (other than 100+ Win updates). Firewall is also disabled.

Server: 3.0.5347.22095

Client: 3.0.207.0

The Configurator and WMC both throw an exception that they cannot connect to the server and I have attached both logs. I'm not much of a Win developer and couldn't locate what would throw the System.BadImageFormatException exception.

Thanks in advance!!

MBClassic-9920148628705992f9429c8fcbb96c52cc9b4a.log

Configurator-992014370d21306aa04972a93b6ea3979a35bf.log

Did you try to copy things from your other system to this new one instead of installing fresh?

That exception means you are trying to load an x64 dll on an x32 system.

Yup, the installer ran and installed .net 4.5.1 and I already had 3.5.1 enabled. It was just a straight download of the official release and then installation. I didn't copy anything from another system.

Is there a different download for 32bit?

No, there is no separate download.  The error you are getting are on some core components of .net.  I would try repairing or re-installing 3.5.1.

Reinstalled Windows and then only applied updates for my video card and basic .NET updates and have it working. I'll try going through some of the updates to see if there is one in particular that breaks it and let everyone know if there is something not to update in this installation and configuration scenario.

Thanks again!