Theater Subs Settings Do Not Work

Ralph's Emby

Ralph's Emby

I have Windows 10 Pro, Server it's Beta -> latest.. Theater isn't from Windows Store, I downloaded directly from here; Emby website.

My issue: I had attempt to change the subtitle (srt) settings, for the Size and Drop shadow, for me it loads any subtitle but the size under Server and Theater are out of wack, it never load the correct size provided under the subtitle settings example but my biggest issue in Theater is the Drop shadow options. Theater will only work or provide 1 selection - > the Drop shadow, all others settings such as: None, Raised, Depressed and Uniform-> Do Not Work at All

I had clear the saved settings, rebooted Theater numerous times and rebooted my PC, compared this settings + behaviors with Server and they do change/works, except Uniform and None -> doesn't but at least I can Raised them, which I needed for specific movie Drop Shadow in Theater it's lowering them too much, however and also, in Server the Subtitles Size are close to 10 times bigger than what it should be.

I have/installed Theater to take advantage of my GPU and enjoy all the goodies from a better image but it is very frustrating when I cannot use it or watch a movie, because it is impossible to watch and read the subtitles, currently it's either or, plus I cannot manage any settings to accommodate or raise them, therfore I'm obligated to use the Server Player, the one does provide a lesser image quality.

Please update or do anything needed to make sure, subtitles settings work again in Theater

PS: I even make sure I had selected the same setting on both (raised) in Server and Theater, still -> it doesn't work.

Ralph's Emby

@Luke

I'm assuming it's the latest, but how can I find out ?

When I go into Settings in Theater, just like in the Server, it only provide the Server Beta Version 47.0.15 but not the Theater Version

Ralph's Emby

@Luke

Believe I found my Desktop Theater version, located the info under devices-> Emby Theater 3.0.15. Hope this helps.

Edited by Ralph's Emby