Audio screensaver presentation

EZEd

Amanade3

Putting a big album art in the middle of backdrop is a feature no one asked for, and now people including me didn't like it and wanted the old one back. yet you don't want to change it back. that's sad. I'm not an app dev but I don't think it takes a lot of effort to put at least the album art to the left corner and making it smaller.

Edited by Amanade3

On 1/1/2024 at 1:29 PM, Amanade3 said:

Putting a big album art in the middle of backdrop is a feature no one asked for, and now people including me didn't like it and wanted the old one back. yet you don't want to change it back. that's sad. I'm not an app dev but I don't think it takes a lot of effort to put at least the album art to the left corner and making it smaller.

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
EZEd

@Luke if I remember correctly when using the standard Android app on Android TV devices doesn't the currently playing song list cover up the background image as well? It's been a while since I loaded the standard app on a TV device but seems like I remember that being the case. I'll try again and report back.

But if that is the case, what is the difference between having words and letters overlaying a backdrop image and another image overlaying a backdrop image? They are both still intrusive to the backdrop image which is what version 2.0.33 Android TV has that none subsequent have had. The perfect world would be that you bring back the functionality of 2.0.33 and add the smaller album cover art in one of the corners of the display area... probably close to the playback controls like most every other music player in the world has. If you could make the playback imagery capabilities user modifiable that would be bonus.

Also once again I would like to advocate for adding native support for emby music visualizations (also like every other computer based music player ever) to the music playback experience. Milkdrop/ProjectM and Sound spectrum/GForce would be great but any best effort would be appreciated at this point. Anything that you could give us that would help to enforce that you actually give a hoot about us music enthusiasts would be appreciated at this point.

Thanks again

Long time Emby supporter

EZEd
On 1/2/2024 at 12:50 PM, Luke said:

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Actually Luke I just reloaded the standard Android app to Android TV device and music play exhibits same behavior as the Android TV app.  The large album cover art stays overlayed over the background the whole time.  Please again go back to Android TV version 2.0.33g and queue up a couple of songs to play (whether you have backdrop images or not) and note the behavior of the player.  After 60 seconds of song play the album cover art will disappear and leave the backdrop image covering the entire screen with play controls at the bottom.  If you have multiple backdrop images as I do for each artist, these images will randomly rotate on the screen in a nice presentation.  I believe ebr referred to this as audio screensaver.  If you would simply bring back this presentation and add the album cover art at the bottom of the display co-located with the playback transport controls I do believe you'll have a winner chicken dinner.  Again I understand that some prefer to have the extra large album cover art as the main display foreground covering up the backdrop images but to those of us that prefer full screen backdrop with rotating audio screensaver, the current implementation is hideous.  If possible, can you implement a user selectable version of both methods and I think the community would be better served and you'd have a wider audience of satisfaction.

Also again putting in a plug to also allow native music visualizations inside of Emby.

Thanks again
The Customer  

Amanade3

Yeah when ever someone asks for a feature on the android tv app the response is usually try sideloding standard app. I know its difficult to respond to everybody who asks for a change but there is reason people stick with the android tv app..... even if it lacks some features when compared with the standard app like for e.g display lyrics and stuff...its best suited to use it on tv.  Overall experience is better with the android tv app on tv. And about the album art same as android tv right in the middle of the backdrop. If you insist that this view is better then fine....but i would be happy if there is option to choose or just minimal view with albumart on the side like spotify.

• Like 1