Video cutting out

pdav22

Hi I have been having problems with Theater in Windows 10. Several times when I have TV shows playing, it loses the video and reverts back to the background screenshot of the show while the sound still plays. I have to stop playback and hit resume and it may play for a while but often does it again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but am having the same problem.

Can anyone help?

I've attached a log:

theater-63771130465.txt

It's very strange, something that hasn't  happened before. It's been mkv files all tv episodes but now it has been a few different ones. Playing to an extended desktop on my Samsung TV. Never had a problem when I used the duplicate option. I will go back to this. I can only use hdr this way because my pc monitor doesn't support hdr10. Just loses the picture and reverts to sound only.

Hi yes it was direct playing. I reverted back to duplicating the screen last night for several episodes and they all played fine. Just tried it again on extended screen and it played for several minutes and then lost the picture again - it just went back to the series backdrop with the sound still playing. When I use extended screen I can take advantage of HDR10 on my Samsung TV. Unfortunately my PC monitor isn't HDR capable.

I've attached the Emby server log:embyserver.txt

Thanks.