Windows 11 Audio Issues

Lee

So today when i try play a film it just keeps freezing. *windows desktop. Played fine thru the webapp.

Uninstalled, reinstalled played works fine. But my amp says multi channel stereo.

Enable passthru films won't play. just hangs and i have to hard close the app nothing works.

I've just built a new PC to get around issues with passthru and it's worked fine for months.

What logs do i need to provide? really frustrated atm.. It's like every time i get a solid set-up there's an app update that breaks it.

After a bit more exploration it seems to be only on DTS HD MA when it hangs. It's direct play with no transcoding, so there shouldn't be any ffmpeg logs is that right?

There have not been any app updates that would impact this, unless you just finally updated to 3.0.15 now.

It updated itself, i noticed the exit screen being different (not a big fan of that either tbh) exit should be the default option imho.

should i be posting logs from theater or from the server? i'm puzzled as to why it's only an issue with DTS HD MA, the TV (LG OLED) doesn't support it but the PC is plugged direct into the amp (for that reason)

These are just interface changes, not related to playback. When there is a playback related change the entire installer gets an update to a new build number, e.g. the next will be 3.0.16.

windows 11, was working fine. until today. not changed anything. windows store and web app will play videos fine but i don't get dts/atmos etc,,, which is why i like(d) the windows desktop app

There is actually another open topic about a known Windows 11 audio bug that is affecting us. Maybe this is related to that, or maybe it's another one, but it sounds OS-related to me.

But my amp says multi channel stereo.

Was just rereading and yes actually it is the same problem. Unfortunately I can't find the user posting though as it's not in the emby theater section, but I'll let you know if I find it.

• 2 weeks later...