Member group edit disable after 1 hour

CBers

CBers
8 hours ago, TKX57 said:

I would love to but the article is locked and it will not let me edit it. Maybe an admin can unlock this for me so I can fix the broken images.

@Abobader

The thread isn't locked.

4 hours ago, Abobader said:

Please PM our mod's team @Happy2Play  @CBers about the replacement image link and they will do it for you, thanks.

@Abobader Do Members not have the ability to edit their own posts since the update?

seanbuff
2 hours ago, CBers said:

Do Members not have the ability to edit their own posts since the update?

I think Abo recently changed it so that users can only modify their posts within a certain time period, after that, they are no longer able to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

CBers
3 minutes ago, Abobader said:

^^

That only effected the "Member" group, we have our reason for that. Thanks.

Want to discuss the reasons elsewhere?

No that fine:

First, we had this before the update.

Second: For some times ago, new user "Member" open a thread, then when he got a solution for his issue, he simply go to all his posts and delete it, I notice this then I apply this rule.

Again, it only effected "Member" group.

CBers
2 minutes ago, Abobader said:

No that fine:

First, we had this before the update.

Second: For some times ago, new user "Member" open a thread, then when he got a solution for his issue, he simply go to all his posts and delete it, I notice this then I apply this rule.

Again, it only effected "Member" group.

That's their prerogative though isn't it?

It may incur more work for the Moderators to go round changing posts, but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the information Abo 👍

• Like 1

This explains the issue i was having the other day,

When i write guides to assist someone i tend to do a detailed step by step and post it.

I then go back to reread it as if i didn't know what it was i was explaining to see if any of the steps were not obvious or missing key identifiers. But then boom cant edit which meant copying pasting re-editing in new post and hoping i got it right this time. That then results in sending a request for an admin to delete.

Guess my solution is too check and dbl check the first time lol, but could the time to edit not be a bit longer, a lot of  responses take longer than an hour to be fair if that is the time limit (i thought i noticed it was quicker). For example the guide i wrote the other day literally took 50mins to write, submitted it went to re-dit and was blocked.

Gilgamesh_48
23 minutes ago, CassTG said:

This explains the issue i was having the other day,

When i write guides to assist someone i tend to do a detailed step by step and post it.

I then go back to reread it as if i didn't know what it was i was explaining to see if any of the steps were not obvious or missing key identifiers. But then boom cant edit which meant copying pasting re-editing in new post and hoping i got it right this time. That then results in sending a request for an admin to delete.

Guess my solution is too check and dbl check the first time lol, but could the time to edit not be a bit longer, a lot of  responses take longer than an hour to be fair if that is the time limit (i thought i noticed it was quicker). For example the guide i wrote the other day literally took 50mins to write, submitted it went to re-dit and was blocked.

Or, you could compose it an external editor such as NotePad and then reread as you are doing and then make the needed changes and then rinse and repeat until you have it the way you want and then do a copy and paste onto the board.

There are also other ways to avoid needing to edit after an hour but using an external editor for long posts is what I do.

Personally I hope it stays as it is. For me we need a time limit for editing and one hour seems plenty and, possibly, even on the edge of too long.

As I age I have found that I sometimes make typos the reverse letters within a word such as typing "raod" when I actually mean "road." I also make typos where a letter gets dropped, such as "feelng" instead of "feeling." Usually neither of those changes change comprehension so I am not particularly careful about those but I still usually compose in an external editor. I usually use "Programmer's Notepad" for that.