Android TV - long login time when internet is down

Hawkmonn

Hawkmonn

Hi, 

My Internet access is down for about 2 hours now. My emby app running on android TV, connecting to a local emby on syno, has a very very long login time. I get that emby has to check for a valide licence, but my licence is "for live". Why do it has to check ot all the time ?

As for the "it is cached for a week", I'm not so sure.

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, Hawkmonn said:

When I say long long, I mean several hours.

Hm, I reckon it shouldn't, I myself am often "offline" for extended periods of time (weeks/months), and while Android TV app does take some (unnecessary) longish time to connect (I'd guess approx. same time that vanilla Android App takes until timeout when offline), it is usually in the range of several minutes, 3-4 tops. Still excessive, but livable with. If it takes hours, something is off there. 

Hi.  The license check would not be slowing you down here.  More likely, it is trying to connect to  your server using an external address and timing out.  However, that should only take about 45 seconds max.

At first you said your internet was down for 2 hours but then you said it was taking several hours to connect?  Can you please explain exactly what you are doing and what is happening?

Thanks.

GrimReaper
15 minutes ago, ebr said:

The license check would not be slowing you down here.  More likely, it is trying to connect to  your server using an external address and timing out.  However, that should only take about 45 seconds max.

I, for one, can confirm that it takes longer than that (not much, though), albeit staring at the spinning circle does subjectively make it much more so. And I'm unclear why would it go roundabout way with external address if several last logins were done locally and offline?

Edit: To append, even manual IP:port login while offline results in wait... wait... wait... stand up and go about doing something else for a minute or two hoping it'll be logged in once you return, so you better take your time. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append
  • Like 1