Audio Themes not working well

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

I have a lot movies where the theme.mp3 did not play. A bunch of other movies just plays them.

I have no idea how to get all of them to work. I refreshed metadata, i scanned library. What can i do to get them all to work?

Is there some indicator in the DB for this? Some just don't play but i have them in the folder (i have the theme song downloader plugin) but this is not a problem of the plugin as the theme files are there.

thanks

Hi there, try running a library scan. If he issue remains, please go over a specific example. Thanks.

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

I have a lot movies where the theme.mp3 did not play. A bunch of other movies just plays them.

I have no idea how to get all of them to work. I refreshed metadata, i scanned library. What can i do to get them all to work?

Is there some indicator in the DB for this? Some just don't play but i have them in the folder (i have the theme song downloader plugin) but this is not a problem of the plugin as the theme files are there.

thanks

Are you normalising volume with the plugin? Maybe they're just too quiet? Some of the themes also start real low and then gradually increase in volume, I know it caught me few times wondering "Where's the theme?" till it became stronger. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

Are you normalising volume with the plugin? Maybe they're just too quiet? Some of the themes also start real low and then gradually increase in volume, I know it caught me few times wondering "Where's the theme?" till it became stronger. 

only the automatically downloaded themes, the other ones i normalize on my own. but i see they are not playing, on browser or the emby tv app i see the speaker if it is running so they are for sure not playing.

A lot do play but i wonder if this is some DB thing, i just don't wanna setup the server if it doesn't fix it so i am looking for another way to fix it

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, try running a library scan. If he issue remains, please go over a specific example. Thanks.

i've done a library scan a lot times now i also cleared the servers browser cache but it doesn't help.

What specific example do you want? Some are playing some not they are all in the root folder for the movie and named theme.mp3. The files are working because if i open them with  VLC all of them are working fine.

I am out of ideas, i did library refresh, i did metadata full refresh with images for affected items etc.

also deleting or renaming the theme, rescan metadata and name it back and rescan does not fix it.

I really think it is a database thing, but i don't know what to do next

What specific example do you want? Some are playing some not they are all in the root folder for the movie and named theme.mp3. The files are working because if i open them with  VLC all of them are working fine.

Example means:

Using Emby app A and time of day B, I clicked on X, I expected Y to happen but instead Z happened. Here is the accompanying server log from that.